Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel consumption

1 hour ago, mikey2001 said:

The weather has also got colder recently (at least around here), I would imagine that's a factor - fuel consumption for hybrids does seem to be susceptible to colder temperatures.

totally agree

• Like 1

As above.

The new E10 petrol supposedly doesn't give as many miles per gallon and also the petrol engine is the only source of cabin heat, so as the weather gets colder and you turn the heater up, so the engine runs more to provide that heat. Engines also use more fuel in colder weather anyway, so all these things combined result in a marked drop in fuel efficiency.

• Like 1

Driving my lexus for nearly 5 years now and fuel consumption increases in the cold, definitely.  E10 certainly doesn't help, but is the increased cost of E5 more than the loss of MPG using E10? I'm finding out! 

• Like 1

I initially suspected the change in petrol, as I had a similar drop to around 46 mpg - however I have just checked back to November 2019 and 2020 and found the figures very similar, so it must be the cold methinks.  Look forward to the warmer weather and lifting the figure to somewhere between 53-55 mpg again

• Like 1

We have between 35 and 40 mpg. Temperature here is mostly above 25° C often 30° C or more and right now when it is cold 20° C - 25° C.

Lexus here tells the consume is normal. Mountains cost fuel going up and when going down Battery is full immediately and the rest of the way down the energy that could have been put into a Battery is just waisted - Battery is full. Comparing to other cars comfortable as this, it is more than excellent.

45 mpg is excellent for the comfort the CT give us and above 50. Never had a car consuming so little.

Once VW had a diesel car they claimed could consume as little as 3 litres/100km - 94 mpg UK - 78 mpg US. That was with special narrow tyres, one person in car, driven by an expert.

billede.thumb.png.4b99b9748b106077b90e33a6c51f0a31.png

Was working in a company selling cruise controls and we installed a lot cruise controls in the Lupos. All owners said they were great in consume, not as claimed from factory though. They were bringing people from one place to another; nobody I talked with, who owned the car, found the it comfortable. I only tried a few of them to control that the cruise control did function OK. Was not impressed.

The CT is great and if it gives you more than 40 mpg, I doubt you can find another car as comfortable and reliable that will consume less.

Next tires for us will be Michelin Primacy summer tyres. Only thing not super positive is the price.

https://drive55.org/tires/michelin/primacy-hp/

• Like 2

As above, my fuel consumption has dropped to 41mpg now the cold weather is here. It also dropped from 46mpg to 43mpg when I started using the new fuel. I'm only driving locally at the moment with journey's very rarely above 7 miles. 

• Like 1

Reset the fuel consumption display at the beginning of a journey. Engine idling for long times and temperature drop increases fuel consumption.

Clean the Mass Air Flow sensor to improve economy. Replace the air filter sooner than the specified interval. 

Chris

1 hour ago, Mihanicos said:

Clean the Mass Air Flow sensor to improve economy.

Is that part of service? If not: where is the sensor and is it easy to clean?

Just got car back from service and new filter is (according to invoice) installed.