Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cheap LS460 for sale - Maybe stay away

H3XME

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202110018016214

"Good condition in & out"... my a*s. You can see from low quality pictures that it's quite rough, inside & out. £5k is a bargain for a car like this with less than 100k on the clock, but it doesn't look loved at all.

Anyone knows what "VGRS & PCS" is? They say in the advert that its got VGRS & PCS light on.. 

Unfortunately it seems like low mileage doesn't always mean good condition at all.  I'm not sure how that garage has such good reviews if they're selling a car like this. I'd at least try to get rid of/fix the faults on the dash if not the body work and interior. 

One of the front disks looks brand new and the other looks old and is badly lipped. Not great to replace one disk and not both on the same ‘axle’. One of the rear disks is very badly scored and the other is in poor condition too. Ok, fix the warning lights, replace disks and pads all round and tidy up the bodywork and you might have a good car. What else is lurking though? 

5 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

What else is lurking though? 

well, that's what i'm thinking.. discs & general service items are easy & cheap enough to do, but if it's in this condition, it's giving me the impression that it wasn't really cared for. As for PCS, I googled it and it's the pedestrian crossing sensor.. chances are it may have been dinged and it damaged/moved the sensor. As for VGRS, US forums suggest there was a recall on that for early 460s. Quick lock to lock during parking can trigger it. Steering ecu is playing up basically.. Not sure if UK Lexus acknowledges that and did a recall, but there is nothing outstanding on this car. 

• Like 1

I'm thinking the price just about matches it's lowest auction guide too ......... might be a useful project for someone with those skills to make a complex job simple !

Malc

6 hours ago, H3XME said:

well, that's what i'm thinking.. discs & general service items are easy & cheap enough to do, but if it's in this condition, it's giving me the impression that it wasn't really cared for. As for PCS, I googled it and it's the pedestrian crossing sensor.. chances are it may have been dinged and it damaged/moved the sensor. As for VGRS, US forums suggest there was a recall on that for early 460s. Quick lock to lock during parking can trigger it. Steering ecu is playing up basically.. Not sure if UK Lexus acknowledges that and did a recall, but there is nothing outstanding on this car. 

I remember an LS430 owner having a similar issue with the steering, it didn't turn out to be a cheap repair. I'd stay well away from a dealer selling a complex Lexus with faults, it speaks volumes.