Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2022 delivery date

51 minutes ago, Alan Thompson said:

Ordered 24th October - 450h+ Premium Plus Pack & Sunroof, Sonic Grey, Dark Rose interior.

5/12/21 got an email through My Lexus saying started build. Further email 16/12/21 saying build complete and has left the factory.

My only concern is I have only had a short test drive in an F-Sport which is a lovely car to drive, but the F-Sport seats are too shaped for me. I find them a bit 'snug'!

I'm told that the seats in the Premium & Takumi models are different, let's hope so.

Dealer says they'll have their own demo vehicles at beginning of Jan.

Exactly the same concern for me.  I tried the new F Sport and it was a lot more comfortable (less bolstered) than my Takumi but I’m hopeful the new Takumi will be super comfortable.  I really want to like this car.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Don C said:

Exactly the same concern for me.  I tried the new F Sport and it was a lot more comfortable (less bolstered) than my Takumi but I’m hopeful the new Takumi will be super comfortable.  I really want to like this car.  

I asked a question about the seats on Lexus' own site. The response was that the Premium Plus Pack and Takumi have 4-way lumbar support adjustment. Hopefully that includes some lateral movement - being able to widen the gap between the bolsters.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alan Thompson said:

Ordered 24th October - 450h+ Premium Plus Pack & Sunroof, Sonic Grey, Dark Rose interior.

5/12/21 got an email through My Lexus saying started build. Further email 16/12/21 saying build complete and has left the factory.

My only concern is I have only had a short test drive in an F-Sport which is a lovely car to drive, but the F-Sport seats are too shaped for me. I find them a bit 'snug'!

I'm told that the seats in the Premium & Takumi models are different, let's hope so.

Dealer says they'll have their own demo vehicles at beginning of Jan.

Ordered NX 450h+ with Premium Plus pack and sunroof, graphite metallic with Hazel interior at the end of September. Lexus Link advises car is being built so reckon it's at least 10 weeks away. I'm not in any particular hurry to get the car - mid March delivery would suit-but keen to test drive this model first as so far only driven the 350h. Dealer hoping to have a demonstrator available next month. 

I ordered a 450+ with premium plus pack in mid October. Was told late January delivery at time of order. Dealer confirmed end of January expected registration date just this week.
We’ve been to dealer for test drive of the 450+ F sport this week. Very impressed with car, ride comfort and drive train performance in particular were excellent. Didn’t like the side bolster on the f sport seats though. Thankfully we won’t have those. The only negative comment I could make would be the dynamic power icon in the centre of the instrument cluster. It is just way too busy and not intuitive at first glance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zanderblue said:

Ok, just received an email updating location to Portbury, UK. Looks like mine might be here in a week or so. 😁

We’ve got short memories so photos would be very much appreciated 😉

Yes, prices going up with the FWD being introduced as the entry level model...

Wasn't a fan of the old NX so when I had to replace my RC for a family car the RX was the only option in my mind... Bought a 2016 in March 2020 but not able to pick up until June due to pandemic (after my son was born annoyingly)... 

Great car but miss my RC, and so after an initial test drive enquiry I've ordered an Azure blue 450h+ F Sport with red interior!

Today contacted my dealership about the build progress of my NX 350h F-Sport. Apparently the Lexus Cambridge dealership will not receive any new NX till May worst case scenario. Not sure why Cambridge branch is having trouble with NX delivery as other dealership is receiving in January. Have anyone got the same information if you did order in Cambridge? 

5 hours ago, KoeNX said:

Today contacted my dealership about the build progress of my NX 350h F-Sport. Apparently the Lexus Cambridge dealership will not receive any new NX till May worst case scenario. Not sure why Cambridge branch is having trouble with NX delivery as other dealership is receiving in January. Have anyone got the same information if you did order in Cambridge? 

Ordered same spec but not from Cambridge. Spoke to my dealer who still insists on March delivery as planned but if missed will roll into May (worst case scenario). Seems to be the same message. 

On a different note, a number of people who received the first NX orders are reporting problems with tailgate closure, memory seat adjustments, Battery depletion and alarm going off randomly. All points to software problems. I would rather hope they delay my build and sort this out before build and delivery.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Starlight said:

On a different note, a number of people who received the first NX orders are reporting problems with tailgate closure, memory seat adjustments, battery depletion and alarm going off randomly. All points to software problems. I would rather hope they delay my build and sort this out before build and delivery.

Mmmmm, I wonder if this may be the reason I’ve not heard about mine yet. I was notified of arrival into UK 2 weeks ago. Notwithstanding the public holidays in between, I had been expecting a call from dealer by now about collection. I’m now thinking they are perhaps holding to implement fix???
I’ll give it til middle of next week to call, if I’ve not heard by then.

2 hours ago, zanderblue said:

Mmmmm, I wonder if this may be the reason I’ve not heard about mine yet. I was notified of arrival into UK 2 weeks ago. Notwithstanding the public holidays in between, I had been expecting a call from dealer by now about collection. I’m now thinking they are perhaps holding to implement fix???
I’ll give it til middle of next week to call, if I’ve not heard by then.

Given the intervening Christmas and New Year holiday season (as you have alluded to) and possible staff absences due to COVID, I think it's a bit optimistic to have the car prepared and registered in that time. But, as you say, no harm in chasing them up next week. 

From what I gather, the ship transporting my car arrived in the UK last night (although it docked at Southampton and not Bristol for some reason) but even so I'm not expecting Lexus UK to have it ready for collection until the end of the month. Anything sooner than that wiill be a bonus. 

I too have read some reports from early buyers in the US of problems with the alarm going off randomly and other minor issues but I'm not too concerned about this at this stage. 

• Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 12:07 AM, Starlight said:

Ordered same spec but not from Cambridge. Spoke to my dealer who still insists on March delivery as planned but if missed will roll into May (worst case scenario). Seems to be the same message. 

On a different note, a number of people who received the first NX orders are reporting problems with tailgate closure, memory seat adjustments, battery depletion and alarm going off randomly. All points to software problems. I would rather hope they delay my build and sort this out before build and delivery.

I’m not aware that any UK spec cars have arrived in this country.  Are you referring to a different country?

2 hours ago, Don C said:

I’m not aware that any UK spec cars have arrived in this country.  Are you referring to a different country?

Yes, North America predominantly. They seem to be the early beneficiaries 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Don C said:

I have been told that the first shipment of the 22MY NX has in fact arrived in the UK. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ken R said:

I have been told that the first shipment of the 22MY NX has in fact arrived in the UK. 

Yeah I think I saw that Ken.  Arrived in Southampton instead of Portbury.   My comment was in response to reports of teething faults 👍

1 hour ago, Andy B said:

There is an ongoing thread on the US Lexus owners club site pertaining to these potential teething problems:-

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-2nd-gen-2022-current/978679-2022-nx-2nd-generation-1st-year-problems.html

I'm following this with interest but not overly concerned yet. 

There seems to be one car and verbal reports from others.  Media software issues can be solved over the air.  I’m not concerned either.  

• Like 1

I ordered a NX450H+ mid September and was quoted first mid January delivery and demonstrator mid Dec, then mid Feb and a few days ago quoted 17th March delivery and demo available mid Feb.??? Starting to wonder if we can rely on anything? (First time Lexus buyer) is this typical of Lexus? 

37 minutes ago, Pm4 said:

I ordered a NX450H+ mid September and was quoted first mid January delivery and demonstrator mid Dec, then mid Feb and a few days ago quoted 17th March delivery and demo available mid Feb.??? Starting to wonder if we can rely on anything? (First time Lexus buyer) is this typical of Lexus? 

I ordered my 450H in September also and was told January delivery. Then as you February and I was told on Friday it could be April. As my PCP on my RX comes to an end in April I have a decision to make and I might keep the RX

3 minutes ago, John Adams said:

I ordered my 450H in September also and was told January delivery. Then as you February and I was told on Friday it could be April. As my PCP on my RX comes to an end in April I have a decision to make and I might keep the RX

What does Lexus Link app / web site say about build status now? 

5 minutes ago, John Adams said:

My PCP also ending in end of April. According to Lexus, they can extend the PCP by one month. Can check with your dealer see if it is possible. 

My lease goes back early feb so I have a decision to make very soon, though there is nothing else likely to be available before the NX arrives even if it’s a few months late so think I’m pretty stuck - I actually find myself wanting lockdown / plan B / WFH to last as long as possible! 😞

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links