Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2022 delivery date

Think dealers may be best source of info rather than Lexus Link - especially in the early stages. It took 10 weeks for my car to go from order in progress to build in progress. Since then its been over 4 weeks at build in progress! 

Dealer is indicating mid March delivery. 

Speaking to the dealer about my car (expected at Portbury 7th Feb), he said that their internal order system is getting an upgrade later this month which will give them access to more information to help them track orders.

• Like 2

Received notification today that build is complete and my 450h+ has left the factory! Dealers indication of a mid March delivery looks possible! 😁

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Starlight said:

Lots of talk about this car and still no delivery to any UK customer. All I hear is, build complete, at sea, on the ship, at the port and yet....nothing. Hope we get it someday.

I believe that the first shipment has arrived in the UK and deliveries commence over the next few days. 

• Like 1

Not a good news according to TOYOTA Japan group news report regarding the production in February 2022

https://global.toyota/jp/newsroom/corporate/36745968.html

The website statement translated to english as followed:

Due to repeated review of production plans due to the lack of parts supply due to the spread of the new coronavirus infection, etc., we apologize for any inconvenience and inconvenience to our customers and related people who are waiting for them. Thank you very much for your great cooperation in maintaining production.

The production plan for February is planned to be about 700,000 units globally. Currently, the demand for feet is very high, and we were aiming for a high production plan in February, but due to the high demand for semiconductor tightness in all industries, we will review about 150,000 units globally.

With this review, the full-year production for the fiscal year ending March 2022 is expected to fall below 9 million units.

Regarding the shortage of semiconductor-related parts, we will continue to scrutinize the situation and further consider alternatives to other semiconductors while discussing with related companies in anticipation of further prolongation.

We will continue to work hard together with our related suppliers to take all measures against the shortage of parts and deliver the car to our customers as soon as possible.

Due to the review of these plans, the domestic suspension in February is as follows. We apologize to our customers and related suppliers for the inconvenience caused by this change.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KoeNX said:

Not a good news according to TOYOTA Japan group news report regarding the production in February 2022

https://global.toyota/jp/newsroom/corporate/36745968.html

The website statement translated to english as followed:

Due to repeated review of production plans due to the lack of parts supply due to the spread of the new coronavirus infection, etc., we apologize for any inconvenience and inconvenience to our customers and related people who are waiting for them. Thank you very much for your great cooperation in maintaining production.

The production plan for February is planned to be about 700,000 units globally. Currently, the demand for feet is very high, and we were aiming for a high production plan in February, but due to the high demand for semiconductor tightness in all industries, we will review about 150,000 units globally.

With this review, the full-year production for the fiscal year ending March 2022 is expected to fall below 9 million units.

Regarding the shortage of semiconductor-related parts, we will continue to scrutinize the situation and further consider alternatives to other semiconductors while discussing with related companies in anticipation of further prolongation.

We will continue to work hard together with our related suppliers to take all measures against the shortage of parts and deliver the car to our customers as soon as possible.

Due to the review of these plans, the domestic suspension in February is as follows. We apologize to our customers and related suppliers for the inconvenience caused by this change.

I wonder what they mean by alternatives to semi conductors. Positive or negative? Positive if it reduces over reliance and provides cheaper, quicker to produce, more effective and stable alternatives. Negatives? Your guess?

41 minutes ago, Starlight said:

I wonder what they mean by alternatives to semi conductors. Positive or negative? Positive if it reduces over reliance and provides cheaper, quicker to produce, more effective and stable alternatives. Negatives? Your guess?

I have no doubt the Japanese will prioritize their product quality over quantity. Therefore, they have reduce 3/4 of their car production. 

Also Lexus has been very aggressive in advertising in the NX from TV advertisement, radio to billboard. Hope their money advertising won’t be wasted  with their long delivery. 

On 11/26/2021 at 2:47 PM, KoeNX said:

Hi guys 

I have got a call from my dealership in Cambridge stating my estimate delivery date for my NX 2022 F Sport is 17th January 2022. Has anyone else got their delivery dates yet? 

Hi Ivan, did you get the car?

Anyone who got it 1st, please add photos and what you think about it, would be good to know a real owner thoughts!

Thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vlady said:

Hi Ivan, did you get the car?

Anyone who got it 1st, please add photos and what you think about it, would be good to know a real owner thoughts!

Thanks

My status still shows order in progress. Estimated delivery in March. 

• Sad 1

I went in to my local Lexus dealer yesterday, by pure fluke they had an NX 450h+ demonstrator arrive on the same day.   I was able to take it for a test drive, absolutely loved it.   I have had a Land Rover Discovery Sport p300e on order since August.   There has been no indication of a delivery date and this week they advised me that they would be reducing the spec (no 360 camera, analogue dials on dash etc).    After the NX test drive, I didn't need much encouragement to cancel the DISCO and order the NX 450H+ Takumi.   The dealer advised that there latest update was that delivery is expected May/June, but they state August at the latest. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Don C said:

Anybody know if these demo’s have turned up in any dealers yet?

I spoke to my dealer yesterday to get an update on my order and was told that they aren't expecting to get any demonstrators until sometime in February.

On a more positive note, they are expecting my car to be ready for me to collect in the first week of February.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stumpyuk said:

I went in to my local Lexus dealer yesterday, by pure fluke they had an NX 450h+ demonstrator arrive on the same day.   I was able to take it for a test drive, absolutely loved it.   I have had a Land Rover Discovery Sport p300e on order since August.   There has been no indication of a delivery date and this week they advised me that they would be reducing the spec (no 360 camera, analogue dials on dash etc).    After the NX test drive, I didn't need much encouragement to cancel the DISCO and order the NX 450H+ Takumi.   The dealer advised that there latest update was that delivery is expected May/June, but they state August at the latest. 

I don’t think even Lexus knows for sure as the supply chain and shipping is so precarious and Omicron is yet to hit some areas.  Somebody said a little while ago that a ship had berthed in Southampton and I’d hoped that might at least satisfy every dealer.   I’ve let my MkI go to WBAC as they were 3k above the dealer offer.  Incidentally, they were superb and the actually increased the offer after assessing it.   

1 hour ago, Andy B said:

I spoke to my dealer yesterday to get an update on my order and was told that they aren't expecting to get any demonstrators until sometime in February.

On a more positive note, they are expecting my car to be ready for me to collect in the first week of February.

29 minutes ago, Don C said:

Somebody said a little while ago that a ship had berthed in Southampton and I’d hoped that might at least satisfy every dealer.  

A ship containing my NX (and I would assume a few more) docked at Southampton on the 7th January. 

If I do indeed get my car by the 5th February (as forecast) it would have taken almost as long to get to me from Southampton as it did to come across from Japan 😕

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Beginning to look positive by the comments. My dealer booked me for a test drive 02/02/2022 (auspicious date). They are getting the demonstrator vehicle Friday next week, register it and long queues of customers waiting for a spin. 

• Like 3