Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2022 delivery date

1 hour ago, Pm4 said:

Just back from a test drive on a NX450H + .Very impressed by the quietness, the smooth ride, steering, road holding and sound system (not ML) .

Very responsive acceleration especially in sport mode, a bit of a roar under hard acceleration but why not? Completely silent in electric mode, even wipers are completely silent. Seats a bit uncomfortable (sport version) and back visibility not too good but there is a back camera and various warnings. 

I was told that towards the end of the year there will be an update over the air for wireless android auto. Generally more than pleased having ordered it without trying first, delivery confirmed for second half of March (ordered mid September) and looking forward to that! 

That's really good news on the wireless Android Auto front. I was wondering whether I'd be able to connect a USB hub but maybe I won't have to. Thank you for the update.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mitadoc said:

Ordered on Saturday, appeared today.

Screenshot_20220217-135114_Lexus Link.jpg

Don’t want to rain on your parade but depending on the model, that might not go into production for some considerable time.   Nice colour.   

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Don C said:

Don’t want to rain on your parade but depending on the model, that might not go into production for some considerable time.   Nice colour.   

I am kind of prepared for this,thank you. I hope to be lucky though.

4 hours ago, Vlady said:

I hope nothing like that will happen to ships heading to UK! I am not waiting on a new car but it still would be sad!

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a39123584/cargo-ship-porsche-vw-fire-atlantic/

Yes, quite unpleasant for customers. The companies/cargo/ships are insured anyway.

Went for a test drive today so got an update on my order whilst there, and my provisional date was 12th May but now expected before end of June. New order deliveries are September onwards now. 

Really liked the car and as it'll be my 7th Lexus and 4th hybrid, it was very much as expected for me.

Had no problems using the electronic doors that some reviewers have moaned about, felt natural to use both in and out. The F Sport seats are certainly more snug than those in my RX, so whilst fine for me I can certainly attest to what others have said.

The infotainment system is fantastic and what Lexus have needed for years, my only gripe is a lack of home button which means some screens need to be closed via the on screen button which is a little cross top left. It's reachable but a home button on the right or keeping the main menu strip showing at all times would be better. Didn't have a USB cable to test AA unfortunately, but used the navigation which is also light years ahead of the old system. No issues with them reducing the number of physical buttons as all was easily accessible via the screen. 

The demo had the Takumi pack added which confirmed my thoughts on it not being worth the cost on the 450h+. Didn't like the digital mirror output so just used it normally, but the camera housing reduces visibility as it's like a little upside down triangle built into the middle of the rear window frame. The mirror also appeared shorter than the one in my RX, so interested to see the normal one. One of the additional safety features that come with it also annoyed me - was waiting at a roundabout and the front cross thing kept flashing up due to the cars passing, and as my head was turned to the right watching said cars the heads up displays warnings were just a distraction. Also had the rear one that comes as standard surprise me when I had stopped in traffic and someone came to a stop behind me as I was glancing at them in the rear view mirror, and so the warning made me jump. 

Enjoyed the drive as it's much more rigid and so doesn't waft like the RX does, so more fun and involving to drive, and that's in normal mode let alone Sports +. Could feel the increased power when compared to my RX, and the EV only mode was brisk yet smooth and quiet. I also liked the smaller steering wheel and new gear selector, even if it will take a little getting used to. 

Demo had done 9,500 miles and was showing 2.4 miles per kWh on the trip, so sounds like the 40 mile EV range is spot on in real world use. 

They had fitted the style pack to the demo, but I'm certain it's only the side steps on the F Sport as per the brochure. Looked good though, so here's a pic of next to my RX. 

PXL_20220218_134418897.thumb.jpg.9e00b8af3258fa7e4231c676466d0a67.jpg

Finally, it had Bridgestone Alenza 001's on it. 

PXL_20220218_132646404.thumb.jpg.f040891aaa7f22f6406e3609523872af.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

This will be my first car with RFT . Are they really bad/harsh/noisy or not so?

The test NX350h Takumi was OK as far as I could remember . The Rav4 I test drove couple of weeks earlier was noticeably nosier.

10 minutes ago, mitadoc said:

The test NX350h Takumi was OK as far as I could remember . The Rav4 I test drove couple of weeks earlier was noticeably nosier.

The 450h I tested yesterday had RFT and was quite and comfortable except on a couple of big holes was a jolt, but then depends on what you compare them with. I found them very acceptable. 

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Caspa said:

Went for a test drive today so got an update on my order whilst there, and my provisional date was 12th May but now expected before end of June. New order deliveries are September onwards now. 

Really liked the car and as it'll be my 7th Lexus and 4th hybrid, it was very much as expected for me.

Had no problems using the electronic doors that some reviewers have moaned about, felt natural to use both in and out. The F Sport seats are certainly more snug than those in my RX, so whilst fine for me I can certainly attest to what others have said.

The infotainment system is fantastic and what Lexus have needed for years, my only gripe is a lack of home button which means some screens need to be closed via the on screen button which is a little cross top left. It's reachable but a home button on the right or keeping the main menu strip showing at all times would be better. Didn't have a USB cable to test AA unfortunately, but used the navigation which is also light years ahead of the old system. No issues with them reducing the number of physical buttons as all was easily accessible via the screen. 

The demo had the Takumi pack added which confirmed my thoughts on it not being worth the cost on the 450h+. Didn't like the digital mirror output so just used it normally, but the camera housing reduces visibility as it's like a little upside down triangle built into the middle of the rear window frame. The mirror also appeared shorter than the one in my RX, so interested to see the normal one. One of the additional safety features that come with it also annoyed me - was waiting at a roundabout and the front cross thing kept flashing up due to the cars passing, and as my head was turned to the right watching said cars the heads up displays warnings were just a distraction. Also had the rear one that comes as standard surprise me when I had stopped in traffic and someone came to a stop behind me as I was glancing at them in the rear view mirror, and so the warning made me jump. 

Enjoyed the drive as it's much more rigid and so doesn't waft like the RX does, so more fun and involving to drive, and that's in normal mode let alone Sports +. Could feel the increased power when compared to my RX, and the EV only mode was brisk yet smooth and quiet. I also liked the smaller steering wheel and new gear selector, even if it will take a little getting used to. 

Demo had done 9,500 miles and was showing 2.4 miles per kWh on the trip, so sounds like the 40 mile EV range is spot on in real world use. 

They had fitted the style pack to the demo, but I'm certain it's only the side steps on the F Sport as per the brochure. Looked good though, so here's a pic of next to my RX. 

They have clearly been giving lots of demo drives if they have clicked 9500 miles already. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mitadoc said:

Can't say I really noticed any difference in tyre noise between my RX and the NX.

1 hour ago, Ken R said:

They have clearly been giving lots of demo drives if they have clicked 9500 miles already. 

Exactly what I thought. Surprised me as I don't believe they've had it that long either...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Caspa said:

When did you order? And there now really quoting Sept... Couple of weeks ago it was June.... 

1 hour ago, Bish1402 said:

When did you order? And there now really quoting Sept... Couple of weeks ago it was June.... 

Placed that order on 10th January.

My cancelled order was 31st December and as it's still showing in the app, I'm interested to see the difference 10 days makes...

18 minutes ago, Caspa said:

Placed that order on 10th January.

My cancelled order was 31st December and as it's still showing in the app, I'm interested to see the difference 10 days makes...

Mine was placed 4th Feb, expected 23rd June, I'm doubtful of this and expect in July tbh.... 

Mine was ordered 15th Feb, 450+white F-Sport, premium plus pack and have been given a date of 18rh July. Also got the charger but unless there’s a miracle and it’s installed prior to the end of March I’m going to have to stump up the £350 rather than Rishi. Still better than the £1000 it would have cost. 

49 minutes ago, Alan Thompson said:

Back to Android Auto............. can anyone who has now taken delivery tell me what connections there are please USB-A, USB-C?

There's both - just above the phone charger.

USB-A for connecting wired Android Auto. 

6 hours ago, mitadoc said:

I've had RFTs on my Mercedes E-Classes for the last 6 years or so. I honestly didn't notice any increase in sound or decrease in ride quality.

Maybe it's different on different cars, but my experience has been positive - RFTs don't bother me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Simon F said:

I've had RFTs on my Mercedes E-Classes for the last 6 years or so. I honestly didn't notice any increase in sound or decrease in ride quality.

Maybe it's different on different cars, but my experience has been positive - RFTs don't bother me.

I had a BMW 5 series with runflats and when I changed to normal tyres it was the best mode I have done to any of my cars, its just transformed the car, gone tramlining, harshness etc. The car became much more comfortable and quieter!

However, it was 6 years ago, may be cars are better designed now for having a RFT and better cope with them.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links