Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2022 delivery date

22 minutes ago, Simon F said:

Funnily enough, I have the exact opposite experience.  I have had five Mercedes E Class on the trot, via PCPs for 3-4 years each time.  All from the same Mercedes dealer.  Knowing that lead times were long and that my current PCP expires in September, I popped into the Mercedes dealer in January and was told, basically, to sod off and not come back till July.

Given that there would be no way of getting a car by September in that scenario I was forced to look elsewhere.

Agree 100% Simon. We have been round most of them JLR, BMW, Audi, Merc etc. and Merc have proved to be the worst experience by some margin. This is my 3rd Lexus and my dealership is head and shoulders above the rest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carboncopy said:

Agree 100% Simon. We have been round most of them JLR, BMW, Audi, Merc etc. and Merc have proved to be the worst experience by some margin. This is my 3rd Lexus and my dealership is head and shoulders above the rest.

Probably not quite the worst I've had.  When I was looking for my last car I thought I'd try a Jaguar.  I phoned the local dealership about a test drive and was told, rather stroppily, that I needed to book it via the website.  So I did.

When I turned up at the appointed time, the named salesman for my appointment wasn't available, so I had to wait about 20 minutes for him.  When he deigned to see me, it turned out to be a guy who I could clearly see in the showroom chatting with his mates all the time I was waiting.

Needless to say, a car of the exact type I wanted to drive wasn't available (I mean, I'd only booked it two weeks in advance!), but, no problem, a similar one was available.  It was two years old and I did feel bad about taking it away from the homeless guy that had obviously been living in it for the last year; it was filthy and absolutely stank.

No Jaguars for me, ever.  Their customer relations department phoned me a few days later to ask how my test drive was.  It was difficult to keep a straight face!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Simon F said:

Probably not quite the worst I've had.  When I was looking for my last car I thought I'd try a Jaguar.  I phoned the local dealership about a test drive and was told, rather stroppily, that I needed to book it via the website.  So I did.

When I turned up at the appointed time, the named salesman for my appointment wasn't available, so I had to wait about 20 minutes for him.  When he deigned to see me, it turned out to be a guy who I could clearly see in the showroom chatting with his mates all the time I was waiting.

Needless to say, a car of the exact type I wanted to drive wasn't available (I mean, I'd only booked it two weeks in advance!), but, no problem, a similar one was available.  It was two years old and I did feel bad about taking it away from the homeless guy that had obviously been living in it for the last year; it was filthy and absolutely stank.

No Jaguars for me, ever.  Their customer relations department phoned me a few days later to ask how my test drive was.  It was difficult to keep a straight face!

Yep, I can believe that - had a similar experience with Hatfields Jaguar. I'm the same as you, do your talking with your feet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joey020 said:

Same, I’ve never been contacted by my dealer without me prompting. Everyone on here seems to get a call from their dealer on a weekly basis. Ordered 450 early feb, was told May/June and now been told August. 

I'm another one who isn't proactively contacted by my dealer but, on the plus side, when I do request an update, I have been phoned and the dealer has been happy to chat for half an hour and give me as much info as he can. 

I ordered my 450h+ in early February with 22nd May shown as the expected delivery date on the order form. About a month ago, I was told that I still hadn't been allocated a build slot but it was still hoped I would get delivery in June. Interesting that Joe has a forecast of August - if, realistically, mine is the same then I would probably feel obliged to wait until the new registration in September; adding to the frustration. 

If I her nothing early next week, I'll prompt my dealer again as it will be a month since I last had contact with them.

@PETERPFC1

When I was first looking at the NX during January I was told that the then current delivery schedule for a 350h F Sport was Sept. Maybe your dealer has access to more builds or maybe he is just a super optimist🤔

@Harrier Man

My 450h FSport was ordered 31st January. The then scheduled delivery was stated as early June but could be mid-late May.

My dealer updates me every 2 weeks and as of 5 weeks ago he informed me that delivery had slipped to August, a date which has been repeated every time since.

Delivery dates are always going to be model and options specific due to parts supply but sometimes I do get the feeling that some dealers/salespeople are more interested in taking orders than managing customers expectations!

22 minutes ago, KoeNX said:

After 10 days arrival in Portbury, is in transit in Derby. Not long now 😊

Screenshot_20220510-190453_Lexus Link.jpg

The anticipation for you must be unbearable! Thanks for the updates Ivan, it gives the rest of us some hope of getting ours one day.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, imgo said:

The anticipation for you must be unbearable! Thanks for the updates Ivan, it gives the rest of us some hope of getting ours one day.

Yes especially my first estimated date was January and the waiting has make me feel I am wandering in the dessert looking for water. Hope the others will have their NX in the coming months. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Moleman said:

Ouch, that has been a long wait.

I am counted lucky. There is others waiting time longer than mine. 

On 11/27/2021 at 7:00 AM, Don C said:

I’ve got a 350h Takumi ordered.  Celestial Blue with black interior.  No delivery date as far as I know but I’ll give them a ring.   I notice the yanks are starting to get delivery dates on very small numbers of them.  

I suppose US delivered Lexii (plural of Lexus?) are most likely to be Canadian built. I ordered an NX350h F Sport last March with possible delivery in December. Just been informed March 14th….😬Much prefer a Japanese build to be honest…

• Like 1

On 5/7/2022 at 10:39 PM, Harrier Man said:

I'm another one who isn't proactively contacted by my dealer but, on the plus side, when I do request an update, I have been phoned and the dealer has been happy to chat for half an hour and give me as much info as he can. 

I ordered my 450h+ in early February with 22nd May shown as the expected delivery date on the order form. About a month ago, I was told that I still hadn't been allocated a build slot but it was still hoped I would get delivery in June. Interesting that Joe has a forecast of August - if, realistically, mine is the same then I would probably feel obliged to wait until the new registration in September; adding to the frustration. 

If I her nothing early next week, I'll prompt my dealer again as it will be a month since I last had contact with them.

Just had the call-back from my dealer. He could only tell me for certain that 'my' car hasn't been allocated a build slot yet and that parts made in Asia are delayed because of covid. He now reckons it will be 3 months before I can take delivery; That's on par with the August estimate Joe's dealer gave him.

Ah well, time to read the 1300 pages of the manual again and to watch again Deep Dive 1 and 2 😉 

11 minutes ago, Stumpyuk said:

My dealer told me at the weekend that my NX 450h+ is now in build with estimated delivery of July/Aug.  Vehicle ordered 21/1/2022.

Thanks Adrian. That ties in. Starting to feel there is some consistency in delivery dates coming through, which hasn't always felt to be the case.

Well I am happy to announce mine has finally been delivered today (fleet order). Just giving it a charge before taking it for a first drive. It was apparently in scope of the brake actuator issue but the dealer had to run some checks and then it was found it didn't need any further action (it would have been a software update otherwise, apparently). I had to escalate to Lexus UK customer services to find out what was going on and it seemed that generated some action so hopefully if anyone's vehicles are being held at Derby for this reason things might get moving now.

• Like 1

Hi to One and all. Just called into my dealer today 18/May/2022 My order  placed  27/November 2021 told May 2022 then July 2022 now September 2022 😳 NX 350h 2.5 5dr E-CVT [Premium Pack/Lexus link] Special metallic Sonic grey I asked does anybody know what's going on . He replied well put it this way  2 new NX 350h arrived today first we knew about them is when they arrived  He did say they were making better progress at the factory 

3 hours ago, The_Doctor said:

Well I am happy to announce mine has finally been delivered today (fleet order). Just giving it a charge before taking it for a first drive. It was apparently in scope of the brake actuator issue but the dealer had to run some checks and then it was found it didn't need any further action (it would have been a software update otherwise, apparently). I had to escalate to Lexus UK customer services to find out what was going on and it seemed that generated some action so hopefully if anyone's vehicles are being held at Derby for this reason things might get moving now.

How long did your NX was held at Derby? 

25 minutes ago, KoeNX said:

Just shy of a month for mine Ivan. Only extras were protection pack and tow bar. Arrived without tow bar but has since been fitted at dealers. Just arrived back from collecting it.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, KoeNX said:

I reckon about 3 weeks, I am not 100% sure as being a fleet order I wasn't able to track in the app. On 20 April the lease company gave me a date of 3 May so I think around 20 April is when the vehicle reached these shores. But on 26 April they then revised this to 14 July! So that would be around the time the vehicle was being held at Derby. I think the car reached the dealer around 3 May but it was not until mid last week that the dealer was finally allowed to release the car to me.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marlinleg said:

Hi to One and all. Just called into my dealer today 18/May/2022 My order  placed  27/November 2021 told May 2022 then July 2022 now September 2022 😳 NX 350h 2.5 5dr E-CVT [Premium Pack/Lexus link] Special metallic Sonic grey I asked does anybody know what's going on . He replied well put it this way  2 new NX 350h arrived today first we knew about them is when they arrived  He did say they were making better progress at the factory 

Did they give you a build date Philip?

I ordered the same time and spec but in the velvet black (24th Nov then added the link pro to order on the 29th) through a lease.  my date changed once and has been stuck on 14th June although I chase every month - Lease company chased Lexus again last Friday and still listed as expected ETA to the dealer of the 14h June (4.5 weeks away) - but the car hasn't been allocated (not sure if that means not in build yet).  I'm expecting a push back as well... 

I'm guessing most people here would be fine with dates if they were reliable, a build date would suffice so you know it will be around 3 months after that..

• Like 1

Ray 1969 no

on my Lexus link app order in progress . To be honest back in March 2019 well before covid I ordered a all new Toyota RAV4 that took 9 month  🙄

6 hours ago, The_Doctor said:

Great news! Always good to hear when someone takes delivery of their vehicle. Even though it's not mine, it still feels like a victory and makes me feel better. Guess you're all charged up as I post this and out for a run ... Enjoy!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marlinleg said:

Same happened to me. The car was sat outside the dealers on the transporter on 28 Jan, but the dealer’s system was still showing 22 Feb delivery date. 

2 hours ago, Harrier Man said:

Great news! Always good to hear when someone takes delivery of their vehicle. Even though it's not mine, it still feels like a victory and makes me feel better. Guess you're all charged up as I post this and out for a run ... Enjoy!

Yes been for a few runs, initial impressions very positive, effortless driving on electricity alone and no problem keeping up with traffic, ride a bit firmer than the boat (aka ES). The door latches, multimedia and controls for the driver assistance are still being learned (the latter are a little different from the ES).

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links