Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heater

Hi I have a lexus is300h 2015 my heater panel forgets previous setting and also takes about 30 seconds to come to life I can change the speeds but not the vents even thou the control panel shows the vents the direction doesn't change and if I select the screen button it doesn't increase the speed or direction like it used to does any one have any idea if it would be a faulty control unit or maybe the vent actuator for the flaps

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi 

Had the same problem and the demister vent would not open, went in for repair today at lexus croydon. They replaced the vent flap motor and then found out that was not the problem. Advised me to change the heater box and probably the heater ecu to solve the problem. Due to the labour costs of around 10 hours it would cost around £7400. I shall be using the car only on sunny days when it is not cold from now on.

Hi mended mine for 30 pound is an easy fix go in the passenger footwell take off bottom tray remove airbag 3 10 mm bolts remove glove box 5 screws on the right hand side remove white plastic vent pull carpet back you will see a flap actuator remove the screw you can see unplug unit another screw is behind the plug remove actuator fit new or second hand one is a few on eBay plug it In then just do the reverse is an easy fix

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 11 months later...

Thanks for the replys.I had the same problem with my demister, had the flap actuater replaced for £800 and was then told it needed a new heater box and quoted around £4500.

Seems like this is my problem, and not to drive it in extremely cold weather.

Thanks anyway

On 12/10/2022 at 1:32 PM, bobhutchins said:

Thanks for the replys.I had the same problem with my demister, had the flap actuater replaced for £800 and was then told it needed a new heater box and quoted around £4500.

Seems like this is my problem, and not to drive it in extremely cold weather.

Thanks anyway

I have the same issue, it was -6 centigrade this morning so pre-heated the car with a domestic 2kW portable fan heater (£11.99 from Screwfix) this morning while I sat in the house with a cup of tea. Not ideal, but solves the defrost problem on really cold days ...

Edited by Richard-W
Typo correction
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I had a flash of inspiration on this and changed one of the displays on the sat nav home screen to show the HVAC controls. (The option key is in the very top right of maps, I will post a picture here when my wife returns with the car.)

The controls behind the gear-lever remain faulty but all settings can be changed by the joystick and everything works as it should.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Richard-W said:

I had a flash of inspiration on this and changed one of the displays on the sat nav home screen to show the HVAC controls. (The option key is in the very top right of maps, I will post a picture here when my wife returns with the car.)

The controls behind the gear-lever remain faulty but all settings can be changed by the joystick and everything works as it should.

Left hand picture shows part of map screen that is where you can change the display (Emerson Lake & Palmer track playing gives my age away!)

Right hand picture shows heater controls on centre screen.

IMG_3515.jpg

IMG_3516.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So the inspired fix above didn't work, there is something called a Heater Mode Servo Motor that changes the position of the direction flaps in the ventilation. It is buried behind the dashboard on the driver's side in RHD Cars and at the very least the centre console needs to be removed to get to it.

Heater and Air Con otherwise working ok and sending air through footwells and dash vents as it should. Until I can get it fixed, I have invested in a 12 Volt 150W dash mounted fan that plugs in the cigarette lighter socket. Not ideal. but it goes some way to alleviating the problem. £16.99 from Amazon 

dashboard.jog

On 1/20/2023 at 3:59 PM, Randomizer said:

Dont you have Lexus Relax warranty in UK? That should cover air condition systems as well.

Hi, 2 years after I bought the car Lexus introduced a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty option, unfortunately I it could not buy in as the previous warranty expired. 

On 11/27/2021 at 7:42 PM, insider1 said:

Hi I have a lexus is300h 2015 my heater panel forgets previous setting and also takes about 30 seconds to come to life I can change the speeds but not the vents even thou the control panel shows the vents the direction doesn't change and if I select the screen button it doesn't increase the speed or direction like it used to does any one have any idea if it would be a faulty control unit or maybe the vent actuator for the flaps

Hi everyone.

i have the same problem. Defrost position on the vents command doesn't blow air on the windshield and also it takes around 1 minute for the heater panel to switch on and it doesn't keep in memory the fan configuration.

Is the cheaper solution will be to buy a second hand heater command on EBAY?

I have done more research on this and the control panel is not the problem. With the assistance of Lexus Parts Direct, I have got the illustration of the heater unit. It appears the fault is caused by the Denso made Heater Mode Servo Motor - Part Number 87106-30500 failing. The green box on the picture below shows where it is located. On left hand drive cars it might be possible to access it by removing the glove box. On right hand drive it looks like taking out the dashboard is the answer to getting to it's location just behind the instrument panel.

It is a fairly problem with all Toyota and Lexus cars with digital air conditioning controls and Denso Servo motors. The little worm drive for the internal gears is what fails.

A you tube video shows the similar part being replaced on an American Lexus GS 

Lexus2.png

servo motor.jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Phil0671 said:

Thanks for the research 🙂

But what about the fact that the fan console takes time to switch on, and it doesn't keep the settings in memory?

That happens because the control panel is not getting the correct signal back from the servo motor. It also affects the switches for the heated seats. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Richard-W said:

That happens because the control panel is not getting the correct signal back from the servo motor. It also affects the switches for the heated seats. 

Th

I had this same issue with Servomotor codes with same symptoms(unresponsive Air con for about a minute after start) but it started work again by itself after sometime. I suspect it may also be software bug of some kind, because all air condition modes and vents worked just fine, even when the issue was there. If it breaks again, I can take it to repairshop. It's covered by the Lexus Relax warranty.

• Like 1

87106-30500 is the part number I have. In British market right hand drive cars it is located behind the instrument panel which means the dashboard needs to be removed to get to it. On European left hand drive, it may be possible to get to it by removing the glove box.

I don't have the capability to remove the dashboard and was quoted over £2,300 to fit it.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2023 at 3:24 PM, Randomizer said:

I had this same issue with Servomotor codes with same symptoms(unresponsive Air con for about a minute after start) but it started work again by itself after sometime. I suspect it may also be software bug of some kind, because all air condition modes and vents worked just fine, even when the issue was there. If it breaks again, I can take it to repairshop. It's covered by the Lexus Relax warranty.

Lexus Warranty was 5 years 100,000 miles when I got the car so it expired in 2019. Toyota & Lexus now offer a 10 year, 100,000 mile warranty which was introduced in, I think 2021. Perhaps someone else can confirm this. 

31 minutes ago, Richard-W said:

Lexus Warranty was 5 years 100,000 miles when I got the car so it expired in 2019. Toyota & Lexus now offer a 10 year, 100,000 mile warranty which was introduced in, I think 2021. Perhaps someone else can confirm this. 

Google 10 yar plus and 150,000 miles Richard !

3 hours ago, Richard-W said:

I don't think Lexus ever offered a manufacturer's 5yr warranty in the UK (Toyota did)

The 10yr 100k miles warranty no offered is conditional on being serviced annually by Lexus

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Phil0671 said:

Hello everyone.

Quick feedback on the change of the SERVO DENSO part.

It took me 4 hours and now everything is working again.

did you take pictures of the process? 🙂

About the warranty: I am not sure I understood you people: so if service at Lexus annually, with Relax, something like this would be covered, no?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links