Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heater

@Mr_Groundhogunfortunetly no pictures taken and for the warranty of the car it has 256 000 kms and it's from 2014, so no more warranty. Also before to decide to make it on my own, i went to Lexus here in France to know the price of the part and the guys says to me that he was not sure if his "technician" will be able to make it.

My model is a LHD, so it was basically "easy" to make by removing the glove box and the big white plastic box behind to have easy access to the part.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2023 at 11:58 AM, Mr_Groundhog said:

did you take pictures of the process? 🙂

About the warranty: I am not sure I understood you people: so if service at Lexus annually, with Relax, something like this would be covered, no?

Yes. I've got this same problem, developed just now in a 2015 IS300h. It's covered under the 10y/100k warranty, I just got an email the part is with the Lexus garage and will be done for free.

The quotes for fix here are quite shocking. Already concerned what things are excluded in the extended 15y/150k warranty...

1 hour ago, DBIZO said:

Yes. I've got this same problem, developed just now in a 2015 IS300h. It's covered under the 10y/100k warranty, I just got an email the part is with the Lexus garage and will be done for free.

The quotes for fix here are quite shocking. Already concerned what things are excluded in the extended 15y/150k warranty...

The Lexus 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty covers a least ad much as the Relax warranty and in some cases more. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/10/2023 at 1:21 PM, wharfhouse said:

The Lexus 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty covers a least ad much as the Relax warranty and in some cases more. 

Is it possible you could send me a copy of the email confirming Lexus will fix this under the 10 year 100,000 mile warranty?

On 4/2/2023 at 11:48 PM, Richard-W said:

Is it possible you could send me a copy of the email confirming Lexus will fix this under the 10 year 100,000 mile warranty?

Presumably you wanted to address me? 

I don't have a definitive email, most of the communication was over the phone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holly XXXXXXX <Holly.XXXXXXX@lexus-hedgeend.lexus.co.uk>

Mar 9, 2023, 10:23 AM

Subject: Heater service for your Lexus

Good morning Mr Bizo,

Your servo has arrived on site, Please can you call me so we can get you booked in for replacement under the service activated warranty.

Kind regards,

Lexus_Logo.png
Holly XXXXXXX
 | 
Service Advisor
t: 01489 795 500
e:
holly . XXXXXXX @lexushedgeend.lexus.co.uk
w: 
www.lexus.co.uk/centres/hedge-end
a: Snows House, Botley Road, Hedge End, Hampshire   SO30 2RA
Snows Motor Group Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Snows Business Holdings Limited and is a Company registered in England and Wales. Registered No: 1318267. Registered Office: Snows Motor Group Limited. Snows House, Second Avenue, Millbrook, Southampton, Hampshire, SO15 0BT. Snows Motor Group Limited is an Appointed Representative of Snows Business Holdings Limited which is Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in insurance distribution activity only. Snows Business Holdings Limited FCA register number: 309925. Snows Motor Group Limited is directly Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for Consumer Credit Activity (Limited Permissions) FCA register number: 685889. Snows Business Holdings Limited is a Company registered in England and Wales. Registered No: 1535815. The contents of this e-mail are confidential and may be privileged and subject to internal monitoring. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message, you may not copy, forward, disclose, deliver or otherwise use it or any part of it in any form whatsoever. You should then kindly notify the sender by replying to this message and destroy it thereafter. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of Snows Motor Group Limited shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by them. Although we have taken steps to ensure the email and its attachments are virus-free, we cannot guarantee this or accept any responsibility, and it is the responsibility of recipients to carry out their own virus checks.

• 4 months later...

As an aside to all discussions on this problem here, I went through a particularly nasty pothole and the fault instantly corrected itself. There must have been a loose wire/connection somewhere and the jolt must have corrected it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1