Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All

I am looking at a 2010 GS450h SE-L soon, but was wondering what specific things I should look out for? I have seen a few guides from a few years ago, but was wondering if any other things had popped up in the last few years to be aware of?

If not, I was planning on doing my normal car checks, plus check for any brake binding. I don't really know how to check a hybrid system as this would be my first.

I saw some mention of avoiding a car with ASSS, but I have little idea what that is apart from googling the acronym!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Be prepared to replace the following if they haven't been already:

Exhaust (£750 for full stainless steel replacement) - They rust and fall off 🙂
Shocks (£2k for all 4 and fitting approx) - Its a heavy car, the shocks tend to go with age.
Battery (£2.2k for 3rd party replacement) - This may last a good while longer but at that age they can go.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Thanks for that - I car I would like to look at has had a lexus hybrid check and is valid until summer next year so Battery problems would hopefully not be imminent.

I am still debating with myself the merits of a hybrid system or just paying more in fuel but on a car I can work on more easily.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MX5V6 said:

Hi All

I am looking at a 2010 GS450h SE-L soon, but was wondering what specific things I should look out for? I have seen a few guides from a few years ago, but was wondering if any other things had popped up in the last few years to be aware of?

If not, I was planning on doing my normal car checks, plus check for any brake binding. I don't really know how to check a hybrid system as this would be my first.

I saw some mention of avoiding a car with ASSS, but I have little idea what that is apart from googling the acronym!

I strongly suggest that you buy from a trusted Motor Dealer. That way he will legally responsible for any significant fault which appears within 6 months of purchase.

• Like 1

Wheels are prone to being very flakey.

My radiator started weeping at just over 10 years old, replacement needed. £500 total bill

Hopefully the big 10 year service has just been done at Lexus. c£700

I really don't think you can buy any other large petrol V8 equivalent car with sub 6 second 0-60 that will return 37mpg.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 3:10 PM, MX5V6 said:

Hi All

Radiator - usually bottom right hand side corner ( i did see a few of them including my 450h ) 

Water pump - also i see a few of 450h same issue 

Cost me for both of them 300 euro without fitting 

Shocks as well ( mine was rear ones ) - brand new genuine 1360 euro all 4 of them without fitting 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links