Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Removeable tow bar for my RX450h

Has anyone a complete Towbar with removeable ball that's lurking in the garage, looking for a 2009 RX 450h to be fitted to? I'm looking for one that wont need the rear bumper to be cut/modified, if at all possible. Thanks for looking! Nigel  

The Lexus/Westfalia detachable will requires the rear bumper cutting, as will all the others, the rear tray extends too far forward. If the undertray is all black You wont notice it. Mine has a sliver over cover so it's a bit more noticeable.

Tow bar.JPG

You have probably looked at the cost at Lexus (£1200ish), but if you look around, there are independants which are much cheaper. I had mine done by P F Jones last year for £640 fitted, including 13 pin dedicated electrics. They have mobile fitters across the UK. The detachable towbar is a Westfalia - Westfalia supply Lexus this bracket for the RX450 with a Lexus name on it, and yes the bumper does have to be cut.

• 1 year later...
On 12/7/2021 at 11:21 AM, Ken Crawley said:

You have probably looked at the cost at Lexus (£1200ish), but if you look around, there are independants which are much cheaper. I had mine done by P F Jones last year for £640 fitted, including 13 pin dedicated electrics. They have mobile fitters across the UK. The detachable towbar is a Westfalia - Westfalia supply Lexus this bracket for the RX450 with a Lexus name on it, and yes the bumper does have to be cut.

Strangely, Lexus have only one part code for a tow bar for 2009 to 2015 Rx450h, and they told me that it fits both cars with springs and those with air suspension.  Yet Westfalia have two different models: one for air suspension and one for springs.  I've been told that the difference lies in the removable tow ball, not with the framework that bolts to the car.  

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links