Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS400 IV 2000 Alarm issues

Hi, my LS400 66k has suddenly started sounding it's alarm at odd occasions, will not answer to remote control except I can unlock the doors, can get in and start the engine but the alarm continues to sound, only answer is to disconnect the Battery.

I've found several threads on here about this problem but none of them ended in a resolution and they're all at least 5 years old.

I'm quite happy to just disable the alarm.

Keith

............ and if this all fails, in the Mk3 anyway, there's a dial under the gearnob area just in front of the centre armrest console that with gentle and careful prising open  will give someone with tender fingers etc the ability to just turn that dial down ..... ......  

I discovered this from posts on here, oh, maybe a year or so ago now, when all else seemed to fail to stop the darned thing from just going-off willy nilly for no apparent cause or reason

Good luck with it whatever  :thumbsup:

Malc

Is also possible someone has perked up their WiFi, when we did this at work it created merry hell with my Mk4.

I did find with the WiFi keeping anything metal (keys, screwdrivers etc) out of the middle compartment usually helped.

Had my car in a garage car park for a week just recently, well away from any possible WiFI, and not a squeak out of the alarm.

• Like 1

Update to this, tried Most thing, still end uP disconnecting the Battery . I didn’t mention before that the lights don’t go on and off as the alarm sounds. Tonight as we live in a secure area I did not lock the door thinking this would not arm the alarm, but the alarm just went off again with no flashing lights. I really now just want to disable the alarm or sounder. Any ideas guys 

26 minutes ago, Malc said:

Could you not turn the alarm sound down to zero via the knob  ?  or don't you have that option maybe 

Malc

Can’t find that knob , maybe it’s not on the mark IV

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, Kayjayem said:

Can’t find that knob , maybe it’s not on the mark IV

Malcolm if you still have the car, can you photograph where the control is ? May help me , can’t believe it wouldn’t exist on a mk IV

The sounder horn is located inside the front driver’s side wheel arch, you will have to remove or at least release part of the plastic arch liner to get to it and disconnect the wires. Number 2 on diagram.

7AB524BD-8ED0-4F15-92CF-0B099F8AB206.png

Keith, the turn down knob I'm told ( my indy did it all ) is in front of the front centre armrest and under the wood grain area surrounding the gear nob ...  where precisely I don't know BUT it's certainly there in my Mk3 .......... very careful fingers and prising will no doubt be required to ensure no damage to the wood grain covering

No one else here done this then ????

Malc

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links