Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Used NX - suggestions

Hi,

First message on the forum 🙂

I'm seriously considering a Lexus NX as my next family car, used 2019/2020 models can be found in France for about 30/35k€ which is in my budget.

Are there common issues or anything in particular I should check that I should be aware of?

I have some concerns about the car practicality (2 young kids but no more strollers to squeeze in!) & real MPG, especially when compared to the newer RAV4 ? I'd like to have some "real world" comments...

Thanks!

Real world you should get 38-40mpg if driven normally. No common issues as far as I’m aware, certainly not on the two I’ve owned.

Practicality may be more of an issue for you. Rear seat space is very good, but the boot is a little shallow for the size of the car, impacted (I assume) by the batteries. Only way to tell is for you to go and look at one and decide if it’s big enough for your needs.

• Like 1

Hi @plutus, welcome to LOC!

I have not driven any of these 2 cars but read a lot, plus owners on NX on this forum gave me a good idea how reliable NX is. Also, both cars always tops top 10 most reliable cars in UK.

In my opinion, RAV 4 will be better to drive, not quitter though than NX, RAV4 (hybrid) will be much more economical and less CO2 poluting.

RAV4 is very good built but NX will have plusher interior materials.

RAV4 will have bigger boot too and slightly more space on the back.

Both cars should be pretty reliable!

Some owners might disagree with my comments but my knowledge is from owners views and different online viewers that include UK, Russia and Ukraine.

Try to drive both of these cars, check the boot size and see whats best suits you.

Good Luck!

• Like 2

I would consider any comment about fuel consumption very carefully as it varies hugely from one driver to another but also on the type of roads you use, and your local weather, more so than with a conventional petrol or diesel car.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links