Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS250 factory Nav system ML

Mikes05

Hi , new is250 owner , got an aux Bluetooth adapter sick other background noise already and want to upgrade the screen or replace the CD player with an Android unit . Won't be spending on a Grom vline as think it's overpriced , I have a double din head unit doing nothing , what are my options guys ? Beats-sonic is also £350 so won't be spending that either , bit disappointed at lack of apparent options but sure some had similar predicament ? 

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks

23 minutes ago, Mikes05 said:

Hi , new is250 owner , got an aux Bluetooth adapter sick other background noise already

- depends which transmitter you use, some are better than others. I can't remember what my mate has in her IS250 but it's fine. My Belkin unit is not great in terms of the white noise but it's better than some random one I had before..

As for a replacement unit, I'd go with the Android unit you can buy on eBay / AliExpress, but you need to find the one that fits our cars with ML & Touch Screen. Most of them seem to fit just the base spec without the screen or amplifier. However.. those head units cost around £300 to fit ML cars but at least they look good. + They work with iPhones as well, you just won't be able to use it like apple Car Play I don't think.

These fit ours: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001308226544.html

image.thumb.png.2857d25a1a06b0ee18eb9a91000937ab.png

Hi , yes I've looked at similar units and some have quoted that you need a different cable ordered with it for them to work properly , whilst others clearly state they won't with the O.E satnav , I'm not really bothered about that though as I'd reckon it's outdated and could just use my phone via MirrorLink . I've seen people taking out the CD player and replacing it with a double din unit , not keen on the look but it's practical .

Decisions to be made I guess , like to hear from anyone with successful conversion that didn't cost a bundle .

Thanks H3XME , much appreciated

2 minutes ago, Mikes05 said:

Hi , yes I've looked at similar units and some have quoted that you need a different cable ordered with it for them to work properly , whilst others clearly state they won't with the O.E satnav , I'm not really bothered about that though as I'd reckon it's outdated and could just use my phone via MirrorLink . I've seen people taking out the CD player and replacing it with a double din unit , not keen on the look but it's practical .

Decisions to be made I guess , like to hear from anyone with successful conversion that didn't cost a bundle .

Thanks H3XME , much appreciated

It's not about the satnav. It's about the wiring for audio since ML cars have an amplifier in the boot. I don't think it'd work sound wise.

Yeah you can fit a double din in place of the dvd player but it's gonna look **** unless you have someone who can 3D print you a surround for it. 

How have you git your Bluetooth adapter connected? I've posted quite some time ago what I bought from eBay and can't fault it what so ever.

Look on the forum for Bluetooth streaming. I suggest what you've got is just naff. Don't right off adapters. I think I spent a total of 20 quid.

This is what mine looks like. I have ML and my Bluetooth streaming works perfectly. 

20210304_094413.jpg

8 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

How have you git your Bluetooth adapter connected? I've posted quite some time ago what I bought from ebay and can't fault it what so ever.

Look on the forum for Bluetooth streaming. I suggest what you've got is just naff. Don't right off adapters. I think I spent a total of 20 quid.

This is what mine looks like. I have ML and my Bluetooth streaming works perfectly. 

20210304_094413.jpg

I've got a setup like that. It works for me fine but when you get past 40 volume you can hear the white noise if nothings playing 😂

I've pretty much the same and I bought mine from amazon was around £30 mark as wanted a decent enough one , it had great reviews so don't know , there is background noise but think the aux socket might be an issue and need changing out . What about a plug in option on rear of stereo unit itself ?