Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking for a Sc430

Cactus

22 minutes ago, Cactus said:

I would be grateful if someone can enlighten me on their experience with sc430. Running cost etc.

is a budget of 7-8k doable?

Join lexusworld.com and ask there too Ka. Most of the members have SC models over there.

• Thanks 1

£8-10K should get you a decent facelift SC430. They are very reliable, running costs will be dependent on annual mileage but it's not an expensive car to maintain.

• Like 2

Yes, totally doable and when I achieved my dream of owning one I am impressed by comfort, reliability, performance and it makes me smile every time I hear the beating heart of the big v8!

Go for it...it won't dissapoint!

• Like 2

@Lexiguy @Neil E

thank you. Is facelift that much better? In term of suspension. I am aware it comes with other bit like adaptive headlight, Bluetooth

i am wary that as these ages, the shocks will be shot anyway, so earlier model might be justifiable?

the whole business of interference engine, a concern?

barry

26 minutes ago, Cactus said:

the whole business of interference engine, a concern?

I'm sure it would be for a car that's not had the cambelt and waterpump, peripherals etc serviced in a timely way  .....  but otherwise I'm sure not a concern ...  from my readings of the V8 set-ups on these cars

Buy the right one with reliable, proper service history and all should  be fine

Malc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There was a big change in the VED, later ones like mine (2007) paying £600 for 12 months.

I was initially very keen on just buying the newest and lowest milage example I could find but realised that wasn't the best buying criteria to use.

I wish you luck with finding your new car!

Regards,  Anthony 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

having had my appetite whetted to get one of these I've been looking at the prices on Autofrader ....  they do seem a bit bonkers especially when there's a few with " rust " issues seemingly !

Malc

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Malc said:

having had my appetite whetted to get one of these I've been looking at the prices on Autofrader ....  they do seem a bit bonkers especially when there's a few with " rust " issues seemingly !

Malc

Yes a good facelift with around a 100k miles with a good service record and no notable issues, ought to be worth around £8-9K but these are strange times. Dealers are trying for silly money and some lower mileage examples that have been mostly sat idle for years are way overpriced......and some have been selling.🙃

2 hours ago, Malc said:

Malc

Don`t bother with a Dealer as the best value by far is from Lexusman at Lexusworld.com, Malc.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oldjoe said:

I have seen that black one and it is drop dead gorgeous.

I am tempted too. Saw the video walkaround and that. But black on black, dun want to get burnt in the summer 😅

14 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Don`t bother with a Dealer as the best value by far is from Lexusman at Lexusworld.com, Malc.

Thank you. Good to hear that he is recommended. Never bought private before so am a bit cautious

11 hours ago, Cactus said:

I am tempted too. Saw the video walkaround and that. But black on black, dun want to get burnt in the summer 😅

I have a black on black/red and never had any concern over my ownership with interior getting to hot 

the one that the salesman 😏😂 royoftherovers  has mentioned looks in great condition and would be worth a visit to look over it, 

D23395E2-596D-40C9-80FB-F685528FFE8D.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2021 at 8:24 AM, mr2lad said:

I have a black on black/red and never had any concern over my ownership with interior getting to hot 

the one that the salesman 😏😂 royoftherovers  has mentioned looks in great condition and would be worth a visit to look over it, 

D23395E2-596D-40C9-80FB-F685528FFE8D.jpeg

Cream interior would have been so much cooler 😉😉

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links