Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX350h - first impressions

Had the opportunity to test drive the NX 350h today. Should have been the 450h+ however a last minute change of plan resulted in the 350h arriving which allowed comparison with my 300h. It was the Takumi model and I have got to say that I am hugely impressed and its a giant leap forward in comparison to the 300h (which I think is a fantastic car). The overall appearance is distinctly Lexus but it's the interior which gives the wow factor. The dashboard is extremely driver friendly and the touchscreen very responsive. The HUD is very clear. The ride is noticeably smoother than the 300h, acceleration swifter, noise levels unobtrusive and the car feels very well built and sure footed. Fit and finish is superb - as you would expect in a Lexus - (including the centre console which has been mentioned previously as a potential problem area!). Tailgate  opening/closing speed is much quicker. 

Test route was a mix of motorway, town and country and the car displayed over 41mpg. 

Think Lexus are onto a winner here and I look forward to a test drive of the 450h+. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, Ken R said:

Hi Don

Seats very comfortable however I find the existing 300h seats are excellent. Certainly wouldn't say the 350h seats were overbolstered. 

Oh heck, I hate the seats in mine, the worst I’ve ever had.  I tested an NX before I bought mine and was told it was the same seat but it isn’t.  

• Like 1

Excellent review. Hope we see more of this from those who had the opportunity of a test drive. On another note, some people love to complain about anything and everything. Everyone to their own, I admit.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Starlight said:

Excellent review. Hope we see more of this from those who had the opportunity of a test drive. On another note, some people love to complain about anything and everything. Everyone to their own, I admit.

If you’re alluding to me, you haven’t got a clue what I complain about or how how often I complain so phrase your comments properly.  You’ve never sat in my car either.  

4 minutes ago, Don C said:

If you’re alluding to me, you haven’t got a clue what I complain about or how how often I complain so phrase your comments properly.  You’ve never sat in my car either.  

Excuse me chaps but your comments are for Minceys, Today I am moaning about topic 😎 you have an opportunity here to create a whole new raft of contributions around seats 🤣 

27 minutes ago, Don C said:

A little over the top I think.

9 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

Excuse me chaps but your comments are for Minceys, Today I am moaning about topic 😎 you have an opportunity here to create a whole new raft of contributions around seats 🤣 

You are right, Phil. Just like a number of people on this forum, I have owned as well as test driven a number of cars within the same range before choosing Lexus NX eg. BMW X3, AUDI Q5 and Mercedes etc. I have also recently tried Volvo XC60, Cupra Formentor and QV70. Each car have their own pros and cons, nonetheless, I am yet to come across one that I loathe their seats. I visited the Lexus branch, sat in the new NX350 but did not get the impression that the seats are anything but comfortable. I agree DON C may have a point about his experience and I did say 'everyone to their own'. Hopefully, when he get the opportunity to properly test drive the new Lexus NX350, we can all benefit from his own review, which I am eagerly anticipating. Hopefully, I still have a choice to change my mind about my reservation.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

Not got a clue what you are talking about.  

15 hours ago, paulrnx said:

A little over the top I think.

I thought being called a complainer over my opinion of a seat but he made it right in his next comment so there is no need for you to comment.  

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links