Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content


Spec changes in latest brochure - FWD only NX 350H model


Recommended Posts

Anybody else spotted that the new December price list has appeared on the Lexus website and rather worryingly the base spec NX is now FWD !  
 

There is a 4WD option as well but this is now a slightly higher price and annoyingly over the 40k tax band.

I ordered the 350H based on the original 4WD spec and I’m now really concerned either that’s not what I’m getting or I’m going to be landed with a bigger bill and extra road tax to pay going forward.

I was really happy as earlier I had an update saying my car was expected to land with the dealer at the end of Jan.  However having just found this on the Lexus website I’m now thinking I’m going to have to cancel it and start the new car hunt again.

Anybody else out there in a similar position or have any more info?  I’ve literally just found this on the Lexus website 10 mins ago.

 

https://lexus.turtl.co/story/13504003_all-new-nx-price-list/page/4/1

 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Must admit I always thought the base spec was FWD only...

The configurator hasn’t changed yet, it’s still quoting the 4x4 spec.  There has never been any mention of a FWD variant for the UK before this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites



Yes prices have all gone up by sticking those FWD models in there, but the price list is all a bit messed up, the P11D prices vs OTR prices don’t make sense in places.  I imagine the OTR is the right price though just they haven’t got the other numbers aligned.  Bit amateurish really.

Got no idea what that means to me right now but fearing the worst (I.e. it will cost me money or I no longer have a car)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks @Catflap for spotting that. Very timely as I've got an appointment to see the new NX this week.

I'd actually prefer 2WD but the features I want are in the Premium Plus Pack which, if the new price list is correct, is only available on the AWD. Even before this price increase the NX was above my budget but thought I'd stretch it if I really liked the new NX. Now I think I'll either go for a UX Takumi or wait until used examples of the new NX start to hit the market.

The UX Takumi price has also increased but only by £400. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ken R said:

The question is will Lexus honour the prices quoted when vehicles were ordered? 

I hope so. Based on the price list referenced above, my NX has gone up by £1,500.

Coincidentally, I received a marketing email from my local dealer yesterday saying that "Lexus will be applying a price increase to All-New NX and New ES next year from 1st January 2022." and "Please ensure you do not miss out on the price protection by placing your order with us as soon as you can." So maybe the prices listed in the new brochure won't be applied until then (and for new orders only).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just spoke to the dealer and the ordered price definitely holds.  Anybody considering ordering one, the new price doesn’t come in until the 3rd January so you’ve got until the 2nd to order one at the old price.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Don C said:

Just spoke to the dealer and the ordered price definitely holds.  Anybody considering ordering one, the new price doesn’t come in until the 3rd January so you’ve got until the 2nd to order one at the old price.

That’s really good news then and seems the fair thing to do. Mine’s a Lease so I don’t have a direct line to the dealer so would not get any feedback on this for ages so thanks for posting.  Hopefully everything is still looking good then for my first Lexus early next year 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/10/2021 at 9:38 PM, Catflap said:

Anybody else spotted that the new December price list has appeared on the Lexus website and rather worryingly the base spec NX is now FWD !  
 

There is a 4WD option as well but this is now a slightly higher price and annoyingly over the 40k tax band.

I ordered the 350H based on the original 4WD spec and I’m now really concerned either that’s not what I’m getting or I’m going to be landed with a bigger bill and extra road tax to pay going forward.

I was really happy as earlier I had an update saying my car was expected to land with the dealer at the end of Jan.  However having just found this on the Lexus website I’m now thinking I’m going to have to cancel it and start the new car hunt again.

Anybody else out there in a similar position or have any more info?  I’ve literally just found this on the Lexus website 10 mins ago.

 

https://lexus.turtl.co/story/13504003_all-new-nx-price-list/page/4/1

 

Is this from the official Lexus website?

If you go into the configuration tool on the Lexus website, there is no mention of a 2WD version:

https://www.lexus.co.uk/car-models/nx/build/?path=choose-submodel/0323fb5f-9bfa-4c22-92ac-fb637f84c451

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DanD said:

Is this from the official Lexus website?

If you go into the configuration tool on the Lexus website, there is no mention of a 2WD version:

https://www.lexus.co.uk/car-models/nx/build/?path=choose-submodel/0323fb5f-9bfa-4c22-92ac-fb637f84c451

It’s in the price list in the first post.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Don C said:

It’s in the price list in the first post.  

and here, not in the horrible turtl format, which is from the link on the main website 'download price list'

https://d3rvezpmgp265q.cloudfront.net/lexusone/lexgbenv11/Price_Lists_Dec_2021_NX_Elr_tcm-3157-2415464.pdf

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not so keen on the new model.
Dash is too Toyota, plastic seats, no leather option and a good chunk of change in extras to get anywhere near my 2020

Glad I bought mine when I did, thanks to the build quality it'll be a long time coming before I need to think about changing it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Al D-Much said:

Not so keen on the new model.
Dash is too Toyota, plastic seats, no leather option and a good chunk of change in extras to get anywhere near my 2020

Glad I bought mine when I did, thanks to the build quality it'll be a long time coming before I need to think about changing it.

Leather is an option as it comes as part of the Premium Plus Pack. Having viewed and driven the new NX I think the dash is a huge advancement on the current model. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Al D-Much said:

Not so keen on the new model.
Dash is too Toyota, plastic seats, no leather option and a good chunk of change in extras to get anywhere near my 2020

Glad I bought mine when I did, thanks to the build quality it'll be a long time coming before I need to think about changing it.

Some people are always stuck in the old days. 

I managed to sit in one and the cabin is a huge upgrade over the old one. Mostly in terms of looks and functionality but the quality of materials as well. Still not for me though as I prefer the RX so waiting for that one but comparing visuals to quality of materials is hypocrisy 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Some people are always stuck in the old days. 

I managed to sit in one and the cabin is a huge upgrade over the old one. Mostly in terms of looks and functionality but the quality of materials as well. Still not for me though as I prefer the RX so waiting for that one but comparing visuals to quality of materials is hypocrisy 

I drove the RX and love the engine.  I’d have one in a heartbeat but I’m afraid it would stop the mrs driving as she’s not that confident these days. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I take it orders are through the roof.  They’ve put the finance up from 3.9 to 4.9%.  So they’ll honour the ordered price but put the finance up.  The RX is available at 1.9% and £2k deposit contribution.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Don C said:

I take it orders are through the roof.  They’ve put the finance up from 3.9 to 4.9%.  So they’ll honour the ordered price but put the finance up.  The RX is available at 1.9% and £2k deposit contribution.  

Anyone who ordered it before a certain time should get the 3.9%. 

The offers change depending on when the vehicle is bought. It's the same across many manufacturers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Anyone who ordered it before a certain time should get the 3.9%. 

The offers change depending on when the vehicle is bought. It's the same across many manufacturers

I know they’ll honour the price but are you certain about the finance?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Don C said:

I know they’ll honour the price but are you certain about the finance?

I also know that other manufacturers will honour the rate quoted at the point of purchase. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership