Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Potentially stupid roadside assistance question

So my 12 months free Lexus Roadside Assistance runs out at the end of December, and now Lexus want £125 to renew.  So my question is, what, if anything, is the advantage of Lexus cover over A.A. or R.A.C.?

29 minutes ago, Mar Reeves said:

So my 12 months free Lexus Roadside Assistance runs out at the end of December, and now Lexus want £125 to renew.  So my question is, what, if anything, is the advantage of Lexus cover over A.A. or R.A.C.?

I suggest you check out the small print.

You may well find that the actual service is provided by The AA, for example.  When you call the Lexus Helpline, that’s who you end up talking to.

In which case you could also get a comparable quote from which ever motoring organisation it turns out to be.  Now it may also be that the AA, for example, will offer other benefits - even if they cost a little extra.  I’m thinking of such things as Joint Cover for a family member, Home Start, Key Insurance, better NCD, Overseas Travel, Household Cover and so on.

The only obvious benefit of a Lexus version that I can see, unless price is a critical factor, is that any parts replaced must be, by definition, acceptable to Lexus.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mar Reeves said:

So my question is, what, if anything, is the advantage of Lexus cover over A.A. or R.A.C.?

The advantage is it is cheap for the cover you get - Full European cover for two people (in any vehicle).

The disadvantage is the cover you get may be more than you actually need/want and therefore you can get a cheaper alternative.

• Like 1

For me it has always been very important ……If we cannot repair your vehicle “at the scene” we will take it & the occupants to any destination you choose.

Most do not offer this (well the cheaper ones) and will only take your vehicle to the nearest local garage.

The only company who offers this when I last checked was RAC and if you are a new customer you will get it at a competitive price, and also when you tell them you will be choosing someone else if already signed up.

• Like 1

I'm with the RAC and have been for ever almost .........  really good in all and any circumstances BUT OF COURSE these have been amazingly rare ...... it's a Lexus

puncture / wheel changes I can't do and it's not the car's fault when I get a puncture for sure .......  nowt else really ever goes wrong whilst out driving eh !

Malc

IIRC the AA (which Lexus also uses for its cover) covers the member in any car (driving or not) whereas the RAC covers a single car for anyone driving it. Other providers follow one or other of these models plus there my be add ons of course. So different models and which works for a particular person will depend on their circumstances.

In addition, the Lexus breakdown cover for £125 covers the Lexus owner and partner both in any car plus its full breakdown cover (not just roadside assistance) in UK and Europe. That may be more than many people need of course but IMHO it's still good value unless you have very limited requirements. And if you have an Extended Warranty (old type or new 10 Year Plus) it's included in the price of the Warranty. 

12 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

whereas the RAC covers a single car for anyone driving it.

my RAC Full Breakdown Recovery incl Europe, cover is for me and my partner driving my car and her car and with me as a passenger in or driving any other car too !

Malc

1 minute ago, Malc said:

my RAC Full Breakdown Recovery incl Europe, cover is for me and my partner driving my car and her car and with me as a passenger in or driving any other car too !

Malc

OK - maybe they have changed since I last compared breakdown cover in that case (it was some years ago) - apologies if I misled anyone. 

• Like 1

On 12/11/2021 at 11:37 AM, Mar Reeves said:

I was very surprised to find that the same policy direct from AA was actually £25 more than getting I through Lexus Roadside Assistance. I guess this might be influenced by Lexus reliability or perhaps just bulk buying power, but either way for it is very competitive especially if you have a partner and multiple cars - I have 2 cars and my wife has 1 so I’m more than happy to pay £125 to cover us both for all 3.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links