Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A warm Merry Christmas to everyone....

5 hours ago, Danny Boi said:

Hey Guys,

its comming towards the end of the year and just want to wish everyone on here a merry christmas and a happy new year.

hopefully good things will come in 2022.

A nice sentiment Danny, but just what is Christams exactly. Some kind of Christian fundamentalist offshoot 🤣

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

A nice sentiment Danny, but just what is Christams exactly. Some kind of Christian fundamentalist offshoot 🤣

How can it be a Christian fundamentalist offshoot when Christmas was the beginning of Christianity?

32 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

How can it be a Christian fundamentalist offshoot when Christmas was the beginning of Christianity?

Stupid me. I thought Christmas and Santa Claus were Coca Cola inventions. In Spain they had something like Christmas the 6th. January until not so long ago, but now they have double Christmas with Christmas presents twice.

3 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

they have double Christmas with Christmas presents twice.

is that  4  x  the number of pressies you'll be getting then this year  :wink3:

4 mars bars maybe  !

Malc

6 hours ago, The-Acre said:

Erm, my comment was directed towards the word Christams, not a word that I am familiar with, perhaps you are? 😎

6 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Stupid me. I thought Christmas and Santa Claus were Coca Cola inventions. In Spain they had something like Christmas the 6th. January until not so long ago, but now they have double Christmas with Christmas presents twice.

And before Coca-Cola there was Charles Dickens who did more to form the idea of celebrating Christmas than anyone else 🤔

20 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

Erm, my comment was directed towards the word Christams, not a word that I am familiar with, perhaps you are? 😎

I see, I didn't see the error! Well, Christams I'm guessing are a unique group claiming to be Christian/Muslims, so maybe they argue much at Christmas!!🤭

Christmas is christianity with a slant these days to impress all others who aren't christians ...........  as in it's HOLIDAY time for everyone, if they can and should they want it to be .....  with a special meaning with christianity that just might rub off on non-christians .......  and influence them well

It's called marketing too and often quite effective and spreads the word of christianity far and wide .... doubtless the Archbishop of Canterbury's Team of people has a really efficient Marketing Dept getting the message across to one and all ................ also the ( I think I'm right here ) spending of some £25mn over quite some years getting the old HQ back into fine fettle, you know, the Cathedral at Canterbury ...  not the Archbishop's Palace at Lambeth ......  no canapes this year eh ! :whistling:

( but where else in the world would you get full employment and an improving skills base for those amazing stone-masons amongst us all ) 

I'm  Christian too but have many friends far and wide, worldwide, who just take the great holiday time and enjoy what christianlty has given them

Good luck to everyone at this covid and troublesome time ...  holidays too ....  brings out the Best in People I hope

ENJOY the break and if you can, and feel the need, pop into your local church or Cathedral and learn a little more about what's happening to local life with the church helping out ....  it's usually a great and good story and benefits local society in much good measure

ENJOY everyone and

Best wishes

Malc

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links