Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

On lookout for a GSF 👀

I will be in the market in Jan trying to replace the BMW 5GT. The GSF is on top of "My Next Car" list. I know there are about 60 odd on the roads and bloody rare and can't be picky. The criteria is any colour other than blue and preferably lighter colour interior(wouldn't mind the red interior)

The two on the AT are ruled out as they are blue.

The black one at HK performance looks nice although it doesn't show up in AT search. I will make an appointment and test drive it early Jan (hoping of getting a part ex with my 535d 5GT)  Anyone here knows this example and what to look out for etc. 

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202111259957554?atmobcid=soc3

2 hours ago, ironrose said:

I will be in the market in Jan trying to replace the BMW 5GT. The GSF is on top of "My Next Car" list. I know there are about 60 odd on the roads and bloody rare and can't be picky. The criteria is any colour other than blue and preferably lighter colour interior(wouldn't mind the red interior)

The two on the AT are ruled out as they are blue.

The black one at HK performance looks nice although it doesn't show up in AT search. I will make an appointment and test drive it early Jan (hoping of getting a part ex with my 535d 5GT)  Anyone here knows this example and what to look out for etc. 

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202111259957554?atmobcid=soc3

The one youve linked is the best priced one up on AT. Enjoy your test drive & GL on the search 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ironrose said:

Reading the advert again, suggests that car is equipped with AVS, but it's a 16 reg. My understanding is that AVS was available only on and after 17 reg cars, I might be wrong. Thoughts anyone 

AVS was only fitted from around Dec 16, so it would have  mainly been fitted to 17 plate + cars and a few 66 plate cars. 

5 hours ago, ironrose said:

Reading the advert again, suggests that car is equipped with AVS, but it's a 16 reg. My understanding is that AVS was available only on and after 17 reg cars, I might be wrong. Thoughts anyone 

As mentioned by F.A. 17 reg cars mostly had it fitted. Easy to check as dealers seem to list it incorrectly in most adverts. Just lift the bonnet or ask the dealer take a photo if there isn't one. At the top of the front struts there will be an electric cable running from it. If blank non AVS.

AVS cars also have a ‘Customization ’ (spelt the American way) option above the ‘Push / Normal’ lettering, on the driver mode selection wheel behind the gear level.  This is missing in the photos of the black car. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ironrose said:

I too doubt very much that it's equipped with AVS.. but the blurb in the ad made me think otherwise. 

Although I'm a big fan of the AVS having tried two cars back to back one with one without, and I happily paid the extra for the later car with AVS.

But I will say this, Tein make an active system for the ISF and I would hope that they make one available for the RCF and GSF in time.

I'm sure the chap who has the system fitted on this forum to his ISF will confirm in the EDFC active system, I have the Pro version fitted to my modified Mini Clubvan and it totally transforms the car. In fact I'd hazard a guess at it being just as good as the Lexus system. It's not cheap but very good system indeed.