Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear reversing camera stopped working

Yesterday put my car into reverse and the screen monitor was black/ showed R on dash. Everything else was working perfectly, music; sat nav,usb and all other functions. . It was heavy rain so I checked and cleaned the camera. It came back very faint. Then later tried reverse again, camera was still not working and showing me black screen again. 
so annoying as relied on this for some time now and so handy. 
has anybody had this problem. 

i have got the  Lexus extended warranty, not sure it covers it ?

i know i will have to contact the dealers 😭 

12 minutes ago, Johnlex said:

Yesterday put my car into reverse and the screen monitor was black/ showed R on dash. Everything else was working perfectly, music; sat nav,usb and all other functions. . It was heavy rain so I checked and cleaned the camera. It came back very faint. Then later tried reverse again, camera was still not working and showing me black screen again. 
so annoying as relied on this for some time now and so handy. 
has anybody had this problem. 

i have got the  Lexus extended warranty, not sure it covers it ?

i know i will have to contact the dealers 😭 

Hi John, If your car is more than 10 years old the Lexus Extended Warranty will have lapsed or is in the process of lapsing.

Check its termination date and ask Lexus immediately if the camera is covered.

5 minutes ago, Johnlex said:

I have extended warranty till 2023,

strangely the camera has just came on but is blurry. 
lexus have to find the fault at the time if they don’t then nothing they can do. 

Very wise to have kept the Extended Warranty John. As I did too.

Can you Photograph or Video the Black screen next time the problem occurs and show them the image?

Ask them to keep the car for a couple of days, so that they can experience the fault as it occurs ?

It cannot be Rocket Science to isolate the problem between Camera and Reversing switch ?

Any Lexus Indies locally ?

1.    Toyotatech,                                               http://www.toyotatech.co.uk/

Coltsford Drive Guildford, GU1 1YG. Surrey  Tel;07833 456051   

2.    Westfield Motors, www.westfieldmotors.co.uk/

Rawreth Ind Est, Rayleigh, Essex. Tel; 01268 783205

2 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Very wise to have kept the Extended Warranty John. As I did too.

Can you Photograph or Video the Black screen next time the problem occurs and show them the image?

Ask them to keep the car for a couple of days, so that they can experience the fault as it occurs ?

It cannot be Rocket Science to isolate the problem between Camera and Reversing switch ?

Any Lexus Indies locally ?

1.    Toyotatech,                                               http://www.toyotatech.co.uk/

Coltsford Drive Guildford, GU1 1YG. Surrey  Tel;07833 456051   

2.    Westfield Motors, www.westfieldmotors.co.uk/

Rawreth Ind Est, Rayleigh, Essex. Tel; 01268 783205

I will defiantly do that next time. 
yes I have a local independent Toyota Lexus near me . My car is due in for a service next Saturday the 8th so I will explain and show them a picture. 

• Like 1

It happened on a friend's IS250, no camera, so I gave it a gentle "wack" around the camera area and its been fine ever since. It seems they can suffer with poor connections/soldering.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links