Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Source of replacement tyres

I managed to get a puncture on a Boxing Day, Costco said they couldn’t fix it (and didn’t charge me) and suggested I buy a new one,  they have only done 4,000 miles so fairly new.  Looking to get a replacement I haven’t been able to find one anywhere.  It came with Dunlop sport max 050 on size 235/55/20 102V.   

These seem impossible to get anywhere, as couldn’t even find the size on Dunlop site.  Will be a call to the dealer tomorrow but I have never struggled to get a tyre before.  May end up with 2 new ones which I could do without spending the money on.

Has anyone else had problems with replacements, what do you normallly do?

I was looking at tyres for my 4RX earlier in the year and found several choices in the size mentioned, but recently when I decided to actually get them changed, I found I had a choice  locally of Bridgestones or Yokohama unless I wanted to pay close to £1000 for 4.  Tyres in the 235/55x 20 size seem to be fairly restricted at the moment. This might be due to time of year when distributors are running down stocks of summer tyres in favour of winters or it might be the old Covid supply chain problem, I don't know. I ended up with Bridgestones.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Just an update on the Continentals 235 55 20.

So reassuring in the wet, when hitting standing water at motorway speeds during these storms ,the car is rock solid and tracks straight.

Not sure economy has improved though!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Have been upset by prices of another pair of Continentals.

JLRover all use 255  50 20 size, is available everywhere with good deals.

willtheyfit.com shows they are much the same rolling radius so speedo and ABS unaffected.Slightly wider cushions the ride but may be slightly less economical

• 2 weeks later...

I now need two new front tyres on my 2020 RX450h F-Sport Takumi ... I replaced the two rears last summer when I had a puncture and the tyre was non repairable. The car has Dunlop SP Sport MAXX, but cannot find any  to replace the front.  Local Lexus main dealer saying that they are not available - same with other tyre outlets. I'm looking at now replacing with the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 SUV tyres.  Anybody using these tyres?