Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help ABS Traction & orange handbrake

R32crew

Hi guys.

I had my front o/s wheel bearing changed 2 days ago.

since then 3 lights ABS, Traction & an orange Hand brake light come on now & then.

They not on constant but they do come on & go off the brake pedal seem to sink a little bit when the lights are on.

Any ideas why this is plzzzz.

Cheers.

12 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Maybe the replacement has damaged the reluctor ring somehow?

My first thought would be take it back to whoever did the work and ask them to sort it?

Iv taken it back to the garage they have open it back up & double checked everything 

The garage guy did clean the ABS sensor but it was easily taken out & fitted back no force to suggest that gone bad.

You had a wheel bearing replaced in the hub which also contains a wheel (ABS) sensor and pick up ring and “since then” you have various faults associated with these components basically says to me they messed up.

You have already done the right thing by taking the car back to them “double check everything” and clean the ABS sensor. Was this just a visual check, was the sensor measured for the correctly specified resistance readings and what were the stored OBD fault codes? What did the live data suggest?

My money would be on an open circuit ABS sensor or broken pick up (reluctor) ring damaged during the bearing replacement which a diagnostic test should confirm and given it was all OK before I would be looking at the garage for redress at their expense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steve2006 said:

You had a wheel bearing replaced in the hub which also contains a wheel (ABS) sensor and pick up ring and “since then” you have various faults associated with these components basically says to me they messed up.

You have already done the right thing by taking the car back to them “double check everything” and clean the ABS sensor. Was this just a visual check, was the sensor measured for the correctly specified resistance readings and what were the stored OBD fault codes? What did the live data suggest?

My money would be on an open circuit ABS sensor or broken pick up (reluctor) ring damaged during the bearing replacement which a diagnostic test should confirm and given it was all OK before I would be looking at the garage for redress at their expense.

Thanks mate.

I’ll run it back to the garage & ask what you have asked.

There is no lights on the dash the 3 that do come on go off a minute later.

can a diagnostic be done with no lights on ?

I do not know if this applies to the CT wheel bearings but some vehicle wheel bearings must be fitted the correct way round as they have the ABS sensor magnets built in.

They will fit both ways and if fitted incorrectly then it will bring up an ABS fault.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links