Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

BC BR racing Coilovers

dephrank

Is anyone on here running this BC coilover on their IS250? Mine came with 14K/10K springs and are expectedly stiff compared to stock; starting to think these spring rates are meant for the ISF or IS350. So far, the car doesn’t lunge forward too much when I bring it to stop. Currently rides like a bimma infused Fuji. You catch my drift? 🤡

They’re currently set at standard ride height with 15 clicks from stiff to soft all round. I didn’t mess with the preload. Haven’t dialled them in yet. Short of getting plastic surgery on my bum to help absorb the impact of bumps, some feedback from an experienced member would help. The aim is to lower for better handling and looks without shattering my coccyx. Thanks 

Frank

Happy new year people!.

Doing my “homework” and getting it all worked out…slowly but surely. So far, it’s had a 2inch drop on all corners. Can’t go any lower than that. Got a hunter alignment too. Always went with springs when it came to lowering but decided to go the coilover route this time. Loving the height and damping adjustability options. Here’s a pic of how she currently sits.

AE25635A-941A-413D-91F0-6C5207738182.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2022 at 12:48 PM, dephrank said:

Happy new year people!.

Doing my “homework” and getting it all worked out…slowly but surely. So far, it’s had a 2inch drop on all corners. Can’t go any lower than that. Got a hunter alignment too. Always went with springs when it came to lowering but decided to go the coilover route this time. Loving the height and dampening adjustability options. Here’s a pic of how she currently sits.

AE25635A-941A-413D-91F0-6C5207738182.jpeg

Pretty Nice, why couldn't you go lower? I'm roughly 3" lower. My springs are 6k & 6k.. be happy to swap with you because they're too soft for what I need the car for. Depends if they're the right diameter though.

• Thanks 1

@H3XME thanks Lucas. Too many speed humps on my route to work and she’s my DD. She’s now steady on motorways and holds turns much better.

I’m inclined to agree you could do with these. Up for it as I don’t track this one…we may have to measure that diameter and then drive each other’s cars to get a feel before we swap - waddaya think?

I may have some pics of the coilovers before fitting if a visual would help. Let me know.

13 hours ago, dephrank said:

@H3XME thanks Lucas. Too many speed humps on my route to work and she’s my DD. She’s now steady on motorways and holds turns much better.

I’m inclined to agree you could do with these. Up for it as I don’t track this one…we may have to measure that diameter and then drive each other’s cars to get a feel before we swap - waddaya think?

I may have some pics of the coilovers before fitting if a visual would help. Let me know.

Sorry I double checked. It's 8kg & 8kg. Front 70mm diameter springs and 65mm rears. I'm happy to drive each other's car to see how it feels. I'll be going down to London to pick someone up from the airport on 4th Feb so I can probably swing by that afternoon.

6 hours ago, H3XME said:

Sorry I double checked. It's 8kg & 8kg. Front 70mm diameter springs and 65mm rears. I'm happy to drive each other's car to see how it feels. I'll be going down to London to pick someone up from the airport on 4th Feb so I can probably swing by that afternoon.

No worries. Buzz me again just before so we can meet up somewhere convenient and take it from there. 

• Like 1

Ay hang on a sec. I think I may have misread the info on the springs. It’s got 14k and 10k printed on them. Just checked BC website and it seems those numbers were the overall weight of the coilover itself.

Looks like I got 8kg springs. Correct me if I’m wrong. See numbers on last spring to left. It reads 62.220.008 = internal diameter, spring length and spring rate 🤦🏽‍♂️  

5791468D-CC3A-485D-899E-EE4C494FA2A6.jpeg

5 minutes ago, dephrank said:

It reads 62.220.008 = internal diameter, spring length and spring rate 🤦🏽‍♂️  

5791468D-CC3A-485D-899E-EE4C494FA2A6.jpeg

Perhaps. Email BC Racing and have it confirmed. I find the 8kg springs to be way too soft on mine. They are super comfortable on my car, but I need them stiffer to go lower as they compress too much and the wheels scrape on the arches.

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Way hey I got just that same effect. Much cheaper than your springs too. 13x30kg bags of garden rubbish in the boot lol

20210710_175035.jpg

Budget lowering 😂

• Haha 1

Instead of starting another thread, might as well use this thread to document maintenance as well:

13/11/21

Front and rear brake discspads, callipers, calliper carriers with slider pins.

Serviced at 76600miles with: oil change, oil filter, cabin filter, all 6 spark plugs. All parts purchased from Lexus Parts Direct. Only E5 fuel going in this car since I got it. Engine’s got a compression ratio of 12:1 so no “plausible” reason(s) for E10 regardless of all the BS in the media. 

27/12/21 to 30/12/21
Changed the following parts:
Upper and lower control arms. Control arm trailing bush. Front and rear anti roll bar links. Front and rear axle stabiliser mounting. Ball joint. Tie rod axle joint. Tie rod end.

BC BR coilover installed at standard ride height with a hunter wheel alignment done after an 8mile drive. 
Coilover lowered by a 2inch drop on all corners and dampers set to 23-25 softness all round. Yes, that OEM feel. I’ve found this perfect for my daily commute but I adjust if and when I need to change handling characteristics for lengthy motorway runs - oversteer, understeer, weight transfer, braking - adjusting changes everything if you’re sensitive enough lol

Getting some oil out from the gearbox (new filter and gasket). Used up 4litres of genuine Lexus ATF. Tech said my timing was perfect lol.  Rear differential oil got changed too.

By the way, I found all the junk in the trunk making the car extra heavy and all that 🙄

9E8CE342-9DBE-42EB-8B3B-F392C23927B9.jpeg

2 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

How do those caliper covers fit? They look rather good. 

Here’s an installation video off YouTube…I really like em and I went for the classic plain red design. Pretty straightforward with room for heat dissipation.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, dephrank said:

A little help needed guys!, urgent question. How much do you think I can get for this Lexus if I were to sell it now. FSH. Not all main dealer of course.

If its leather with touch screen, and all the rest considered id say £6ish

No touchscreen. But it’s leather. It’s an SE-i. They don’t come with touchscreen. Thinking of letting it go man. Need a bit more than £6K but that sounds about right I think.

17 hours ago, dephrank said:

No touchscreen. But it’s leather. It’s an SE-i. They don’t come with touchscreen. Thinking of letting it go man. Need a bit more than £6K but that sounds about right I think.

The touchscreen was a factory option on all 2IS models. 

50 minutes ago, F.A. said:

The touchscreen was a factory option on all 2IS models. 

Oh my bad. Didn’t know that. Haven’t seen an 09 SE-i with touchscreen. I take that back. So its first owner didn’t pick the option when buying. Gotchya 🤝