Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Greddy Induction Kit

imi

Thanks to JDMParts Guru, i received my Greddy Induction Kit yesterday :hehe: , since i am not that technically minded and the instructions are in chinese/japanese i ain't got a clue how it fits, the piping is pretty simple i figured that out, but their are some wires in their, a brown and white wire about a foot long, i have no idea what this is for? :geek: it's probably got something to do with the sensor's or something..

For those that have fitted their own kit, how is it done and could you please point me some details on how to go about fitting it and also whats the best way to make a heat sheild for it.. do i have to make a small piping thing to direct cold air in to the heat sheild to the cone or what?

Thanks in advance.. :winky:

I was about to ask the same question about the wires. Was planning to fit it today but was baffled by the wires.

I presume its got something to do with sensing temperature or something? Dunno, someone help!

2 wires, 4 connectors..... what to do....

Yeah, it should be for the air flow sensor that plugged into the standard air box, front right hand corner. It's the little plastic pyrimid thing with a small round ball on the top that you pulled out the standard air box. Sorry for my pants discription. :P

On your new induction pipe, there should be a hole on the side near the filter end. The air flow sensor needs to be extended to there and pluged into the side of the new induction pipe. Basically, cut it so you have enough to strip back the wires on both ends, solder the extension bit in the middle making sure that you connect the correct coloured wires together. Best to also use some heat shrink to cover the cut wires and soldering...you can pick this up from the big 'H'.

Also, cover the whole length of the wire in black tape...just to make it a bit safer!

Plug it in and thats it...job done...don't be affraid, it's really quiet easy!!

ok well i've put it on but i'm still lost as to what to do with the wires. I presume it is something to do with the plug that you pull out of the engine cover/standard airbox but with teh wires and connectors I dont see what to do.

Lost the instructions now too....

So, what would/could happen if I drive around now and nothings connected to the 'IAT sensor' ?

Oi...read my post above! :P

If you dirve around without it pluged into the new induction kit as I described, nothing will happen, you just won't get the best out of the kit! It helps the ECU to compensate better for the difference in air flow.

Oi...read my post above! :P

If you dirve around without it pluged into the new induction kit as I described, nothing will happen, you just won't get the best out of the kit! It helps the ECU to compensate better for the difference in air flow.

:lol:

there are some mods on eBay you can buy that you plug into the IAT sensor and it tells your ecu that the temp is lower than it actually is, do these work? any harmful side effects? i guess there would be if you were on a long journey and your engine was getting hot but the ecu thought it was cold??? :unsure:

Oi...read my post above!  :P

If you dirve around without it pluged into the new induction kit as I described, nothing will happen, you just won't get the best out of the kit!  It helps the ECU to compensate better for the difference in air flow.

:lol:

there are some mods on eBay you can buy that you plug into the IAT sensor and it tells your ecu that the temp is lower than it actually is, do these work? any harmful side effects? i guess there would be if you were on a long journey and your engine was getting hot but the ecu thought it was cold??? :unsure:

I was searching on yahoo for IAT sensor and got this page which probably relates to this... ebay 'con'

there are some mods on ebay you can buy that you plug into the IAT sensor and it tells your ecu that the temp is lower than it actually is, do these work? any harmful side effects? i guess there would be if you were on a long journey and your engine was getting hot but the ecu thought it was cold???

hmmmm :unsure: ...not sure about that, cant see how that would be benefical, more to how it might cause problems!!...I would suggest that you leave the ECU to work things out based on the real conditions at any given time!

P.S....Also guys, once everything has been installed, good idea to reset the ECU as per Colins instructions in the Knowledge base. Oh and if you don't already, get some Optimax in your tank!! :lol:

hmmm ok.....

I started the car and the malfunction indicator lamp is on on the instrument cluster (picture number 20 in the handbook) is this because of that sensor or has something gone wrong?

i think the wires must be connected incorrectly, i fiddled around with mine and the warning light came on, put it all back to normal and the light went off.

hi, yep its all done.

When I reset the ecu the light went off and its not come on again so I presume it's ok.

I dont have a digital camera but my uncle does so i'll go and see if he's in and take some pictures for you IMI.

It really is pretty straight forward though and it does sound and feel much better combined with the HKS Hiper.

ok well i've taken some pix but I dont have the thing to connect to upload the pictures, so when I have that i'll upload them, no comments on how dirty it is though!

Bought some engine cleaner and detailer from Halfords so i'll do before and after pictures (hopefully there will be a difference)