Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Battery was too weak to start my 2007 GS 300 so I got it jump-started via a spare Battery. Unfortunately the father-in-law transposed the jumper leads on one side and it melted the bridge seen in the photo (the thin, rectangular fusebox closest to the cabin - as seen from the cabin side in the photo - this upper section should have a transparent cover on it).

I guess I have three options:

1. Replace the rail component.
  2. Replace the entire fusebox.
  3. Solder a bridge back in place.

I'm not sure if option 1 is possible but to do option 3 I would need to know the gauge required to rebuild the bridge.

Would anyone have a clue? 

IMG20211231102120.jpg

• Sad 1

Option 1 is the logical choice.

You'll probably have to take out the fuse box to do it as I think the 'rail' (which is the actual fuse) is bolted in from underneath, but there's no need to go to the expense of replacing the whole box.

• Like 1

I’ve not seen this before but assume it sits on top of the Battery positive terminal ?

Option 3 is out as I believe the link is aluminium, although there is an option 4.......attach jump leads to Father-in-Law. 😀

I hope this is the correct part as highlighted?

5CB2EA90-D44F-4E29-94F1-C31478CC20A2.png

• Like 2

Yeah, option 1 was the preference but I'm waiting on Lexus Parts Direct to find out if it's possible to buy it separately.

I think it's no. 15 in that diagram. How did you get the image to show? I've never heard of that website before but I traced through and got to the same page but I see no diagram and no links, just part numbers and prices.

You can get diagrams from 7zap - doesn't appear that is a part available on its own:

https://lexus.7zap.com/en/eu/lexus+gs/3322a0/grs190r-betqhw/4/8401/846770l/#82210J

Don't solder the link - I don't have the wiring diagram for your vehicle but that looks like the 120/150A alternator fusible link so you won't have proper protection if you solder it.

43 minutes ago, cobraBLACK said:

I think this is the one. There's a few on eBay but the cheap ones look like the car was in a head-on accident.

What side of the engine bay is your fuse box?

That part seems to be for the UZS190 (i.e. GS430).

1 hour ago, cobraBLACK said:

Well I've ordered a new fusible link from a company based in the UAE and it's due today so I'll have a go at the weekend.

Amayama by any chance?

Don’t forget to disconnect the Battery first or better still take it off now and put it on charge.

30 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Amayama by any chance?

Don’t forget to disconnect the battery first or better still take it off now and put it on charge.

Not sure. I got it from magengines.com. I ordered it on Tuesday evening UK time and it just arrived this morning!

Yeah, the Battery is out and charged in preparation and I found a guide on YouTube: 

I'm hoping it fixes the audio/HVAC system too otherwise I'll be upside down on the front seats looking for blown fuses under the dash.

• 3 weeks later...

So we gave it a go but it wasn't as simple as the US ones in the YouTube videos. At the point they can pull the fusebox out, my car still had a wiring loom in either side preventing it from being lifted. I passed it over to my garage instead and they got their auto-electrician to do. That plus a new Battery and a few regular fuses and I'm back in business.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links