Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Best wiper blades

What are the best wiper blades you've tried? I quite like the PIAA silicone blades, they come with a specially treated wetwipe that smells like alcohol, you coat the windscreen with it and then when it rains the water beads up on the glass so it doesn't obscure your vision as much. They work very well and the beading is awesome, downsides are they tend to squeak a bit and sometimes leave streaks of water on the glass from the edges.

The guys on the LS forum have good things to say about Denso ones which come on offer here and there on Euro Car Parts

My current LS came with bosch ones which have been fine for over 18 months

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisermark said:

The guys on the LS forum have good things to say about Denso ones which come on offer here and there on Euro Car Parts

My current LS came with bosch ones which have been fine for over 18 months

I've just fitted a set of new Denso blades - - - and they would appear to be fine  

I've made a mental note to renew the blades evary 12 months - - there's little excuse for impaired vision

• Like 1

I am pretty certain Denso are OEM for the RX.  I bought mine from Euro Car Parts when they had a meaningful sale on.  I say meaningful as they very often offer varying discounts but the price is not always as good as they would have you believe.  These blades are still very efficient some 2 years on but have not seen much service due to the pandemic, although have been outside on the car since fitted.  I have checked on one of the packets they came in which lists DUR-065R and DUR-O65L as being right and left for RX models 06/09 although also added Hybrid Blad on ones supplied to me, so best you check before ordering.

When I top up my reservoir, I take the opportunity to clean the rubbing edges with the windscreen fluid.  Any gritty dust on the windscreen is likely to cause wear to the wipers and  windscreen so also worth cleaning both as appropriate which of course also ensures maximum visibility.

14 hours ago, m4rkw said:

Just noticed Halfords sell pre-mixed screenwash with Rain-X in it, which is the same kind of stuff that the PIAA blades come with. Might give that a try

I’ve been using some Rain-X glass cleaner that I bought cheap in Costco. It’s actually very good, especially useful on the side windows which in my experience really do stay clearer as the water beads away more easily.

• Like 2

The dealer parts for mine are a bit pricey at £60 for one side, so I just put Bosch aerotwins on and re-coated the windscreen with Rain-X as I think the stuff my PIAA wipers came with has worn off now. Will be interesting to see how well it works.

4 minutes ago, m4rkw said:

I used this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BHEALV6/

yesterday, and it's excellent, does just what the stuff that comes with the PIAA wipers do. very happy.

Hi Mark, thanks for the quick reply, that's the 2in1 I mentioned but can now be bought for £4.99 instead of £9.99     https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002G27G98/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

26 minutes ago, JeffL said:

Do you guys use the Rain-X Rain/Water Repellent Glass Treatment 200ml £4.99 or Rain-X 2in1 Glass Cleaner + Rain Repellent 500ml £4.99?   

I use the ‘2 in 1’ version. It’s been a pleasant surprise, really very good and at Costco I think it was three bottles for £9.99!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Barry14UK said:

The one comment for this is not favourable.

Thanks, I'll stick with the Rain-X brand as it's been mentioned a lot in previous posts over the years. My original question was really about whether to buy the 2in1 one cleaner and repellent or buy the pure repellent. I would expect that most will use the pure repellent but I'll wait to see if any more replies  come through.

• Like 1