Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hopeless fuel consumption 37mpg at best driven like a grandad very poor power and acceleration ideas please IS200 ADVANCE DIESEL 2.2L

3 hours ago, PETER SANSOM said:

HOPE LESS FUEL CONSUMPTION 37MPG AT BEST MOTORWAY DRIVING AT 60 MPH POOR ACCELERATION AND LOW POWER ANY IDEAS?

I had a 1.6HDI Berlingo van which was running a bit rough and getting mediocre fuel economy, got a bottle of Fortè diesel system clraner from an independent garage and it made it run way better whatever it did, it just become much smoother running in general too. I must add that I did have all the filters changed too, including the fuel filter.

The problem is there's so many variables it's hard to pinpoint the problem with it "running rough", has it been serviced recently? 

Also isn't the 2.2D just a very inefficient diesel anyways? I always thought there wasn't much in it between the diesel and petrol IS's.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, LittleCasper said:

No love for the petrol I6 or V6's? 😭😭

Sure i do. the IS250 V6 is a truly wonderful engine, buttery smooth and sings to the redline. Utterly reliable as well. Good fuel consumption it does not have so a hybrid could be a better option?

5 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Sure i do. the IS250 V6 is a truly wonderful engine, buttery smooth and sings to the redline. Utterly reliable as well. Good fuel consumption it does not have so a hybrid could be a better option?

I like the fact lexus offer an extra year of warranty every time you take the car in for a Battery check (up to 10 years old), although I don't think I'll be getting a hybrid anytime soon I do like the new phev car's; I know people who get free charging at work and don't use a penny in petrol all week.