Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Not Shure what to buy RC 300h or go for f30 330e

1 hour ago, Linas.P said:

I mean there is still an option of LC500h 😄.

Good sir are you in need of a kidneys? 

Prices for facelift are more or less same I think it's 4000 euros cheaper, and cheapest lc500h is in Italy and it's going for 60k maybe more not too Shure 

Il' take a look for pre face like you said maybe il find one 

The pricing is different in UK, that is why. And I am sure road tax will kill you in Netherlands as well... if 300h costs 1000 Euro, then I can only imagine what 500h would be.

Back when I was buying my RC200t, there were LC500h for as low as £43k and those were year old cars with like 8k miles. As everything has increased in price during pandemic, especially nearly new cars... it has changed now and despite 2 years passing and those cars are now being 3-4 years old, they cost £53k... still with low miles thought! 

34 minutes ago, Jensen_309 said:

Good sir are you in need of a kidneys? 

Prices for facelift are more or less same I think it's 4000 euros cheaper, and cheapest lc500h is in Italy and it's going for 60k maybe more not too Shure 

Il' take a look for pre face like you said maybe il find one 

Is it this one in Italy?

https://www.autoscout24.it/annunci/lexus-lc-500h-3-5-sport-hybrid-auto-tagliandi-lexus-elettrica-benzina-blu-azzurro-378a120b-2d8d-4779-8cdd-d5edd773c08e?source=list_searchresults&cldtidx=5&sort=standard&lastSeenGuidPresent=true&cldtsrc=listPage

the reason why it is the cheapest I think is because in Italy we have the so called "superbollo" (super motor tax) which is very expensive for cars with many horsepower, and this is the reason why only a few people buy these cars.

21 minutes ago, serbarry said:

Is it this one in Italy?

https://www.autoscout24.it/annunci/lexus-lc-500h-3-5-sport-hybrid-auto-tagliandi-lexus-elettrica-benzina-blu-azzurro-378a120b-2d8d-4779-8cdd-d5edd773c08e?source=list_searchresults&cldtidx=5&sort=standard&lastSeenGuidPresent=true&cldtsrc=listPage

the reason why it is the cheapest I think is because in Italy we have the so called "superbollo" (super motor tax) which is very expensive for cars with many horsepower, and this is the reason why only a few people buy these cars.

Damn it has some travel on it! All the ones which sells in UK are nearly new ~10000 miles for most. Very few LCs in UK have travelled more than 20k.

As well it kind of make sense that LC500h in particular is not very popular. For most part it cost just as much to run as V8, in UK it get's "luxury car surcharge", in Italy it seems to be hit by "superbollo" and so on... and for people who can afford the car and don't shy away from paying higher tax it makes no sense to go for V6 hybrid when for similar price/tax one can have "fire breathing V8"!

On 1/6/2022 at 11:43 AM, Jensen_309 said:

Well my first car in mind was is300h, but truth to be told I don't have wife nor kids(so luggage is not problem nor smaller trunk), then I started considering coupé than I stumbled upon RC and well let's just say I gave me happy feeling in my pants and since il be 30 in few months my next car will hopefully serve me for a very long time (what is not the case with BMW as far as I could read/watch) and question about long trips is just waiting my parents back in Croatia so fuel consumption is kinda not my concern for those trips more or less fear of being stranded by the side of the road (witch is what I see BMW likes to do) 

Also I would like to thank you all for your time and very well written advices, and il now remove BMW from check list and just wait till the end of the year and hope that prices go down just a tad bit 😅.

Once again thank you all 

You're removing the BMW based on a few posts on a Lexus forum ? Slagging BMW's off is par for the course on here :wink3:...

Get out and drive one is always my moto, you might be pleasantly surprised. Looks aside, the G20 is in my opinion light years ahead of the RC300h if you were looking at a newer 330e (and the F30 shouldn't be written off either) 

I own a 2018 F30 and have had no real issues , likewise with my E82, that said they are / were both straight sixes, the N55 and the B58 which is now in the Toyota Supra.  I've wanted desperately to get into an RC but sadly the 300h  just left me feeling a bit meh despite the striking looks which is a damned shame - so you need to drive the thing for an extended period and compare back to back with the BMW. The ML compared to the Harman Kardon (if fitted) in the BMW are probably on par, build quality feels about the same as the RC (and I'm over 3 years into ownership ) and has proven to be similar to my Mk 3 IS. Yet the G20 is a step up completely - drive one and see.   

Without doubt the Lexus may prove to be more reliable but there again our Hyundai was more reliable than our Mk 1 IS200 so its horses for courses. You will find many BMW owners who've had to deal with nothing but normal maintenance, you'll also find people who haven't, however you can't go around thinking your car might break down  - if out of warranty BMW have a very good extended warranty, fortunately I've never had to use it.

That said if its the looks that grab you (and super duper reliability) then consider it but drive a few back to back would be my advice.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, doog442 said:

You're removing the BMW based on a few posts on a Lexus forum ? Slagging BMW's off is par for the course on here :wink3:...

I would not say that anyone were "slagging-off" BMW here. If anything everyone suggested test drive first and I even said that for longer trips I would rather take BMW330e. On top of that difference in tax and insurance really pushes decision BMW way.

On other hand it would be hard to argue that RC is not way more attractively looking than F30, BMW is really bland and when it comes to Lexus RC - you either love it or hate it. And I do agree that G20 is on par when it comes to built quality if not slightly better, which isn't surprising as it is next gen car, but the question was specifically F30 and RC is definitely better built and more luxurious for that generation.

Other thing to note - BMW has a lot of optional equipment so it is very hard to compare, most of the time Lexus has better trims and option from factory and entry level BMW trims are really poor, but on other hand fully loaded BMW will have more toys... so it really depends on options here. 

So I think, all things considered, your criticism is unwarranted. 

29 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

I would not say that anyone were "slagging-off" BMW here. If anything everyone suggested test drive first and I even said that for longer trips I would rather take BMW330e. On top of that difference in tax and insurance really pushes decision BMW way.

On other hand it would be hard to argue that RC is not way more attractively looking than F30, BMW is really bland and when it comes to Lexus RC - you either love it or hate it. And I do agree that G20 is on par when it comes to built quality if not slightly better, which isn't surprising as it is next gen car, but the question was specifically F30 and RC is definitely better built and more luxurious for that generation.

Other thing to note - BMW has a lot of optional equipment so it is very hard to compare, most of the time Lexus has better trims and option from factory and entry level BMW trims are really poor, but on other hand fully loaded BMW will have more toys... so it really depends on options here. 

So I think, all things considered, your criticism is unwarranted. 

What criticism ? I said that slagging off BMW's is par for the course on here ...this forum and it is, it's an undeniable fact with lots of evidence to back that up. Other than that what else is unwarranted about my post. I thought it was finely judged and one of my better efforts :wink3:

i asked for opinions and advices based on rc and 330e, yes its stupid to try and compare them price and other things wise but i like f30, g20 in the other hand not so mutch. yeah rear end looks like ***** i would like to smack every morning but front well no offense to anyone but it looks like it took a nasty hit on the face...

and you said i decided based on few opinions of lexus forum witch is not true, open subredit of bmw and you will find all sorts of guys/gals asking for advices with issues on  their cars from oil leaks, head gaskets to rod knock of death and what i find most peculiar it happes on b58, b48, n55 and so on, meanwhile you open subreddit of lexus and you see one guy/gal asking for someone to translate him something on the dashboard and answer he gets is:"check your windshield fluid" few days later same thing also windshield fluid... and there is also statment either on youtube in the comments or reddit that goes something like this:"youre not bmw driver until your car ends on tow truck", and yes  i am aware that **** happens and all cars can have a mental breakdown where everything goes downhill.

btw this is coming from someone who's most beautiful car was, is and will be E31 and then after that F87. yeah i would love to sometimes press button open valves and wake up half of my negihborhood, but if the price i need to pay for that is constant wisits to mehanic and expensive repairs then i am sorry i will pass, tho keep in mind i can do some mehanic stuffs myself i mean im not the greatest at it but i was changing timing belt,brakes,oil filters on my fathers 95' golf over the years and that thing is still running  **** it can eaven start on -25 without to mutch of a hassle.

and if somebody asks me what i what, well i whant something that will drive me around for the next 10-20 years not something that will leave my on the side of the road because coolant started to leak...

So please be civil and open minded, not biased...

17 hours ago, doog442 said:

What criticism ? I said that slagging off BMW's is par for the course on here ...this forum and it is, it's an undeniable fact with lots of evidence to back that up. Other than that what else is unwarranted about my post. I thought it was finely judged and one of my better efforts :wink3:

Just that nobody was slagging BMW in this thread, but you are right - on the forum overall people to tend look down on BMW, especially where reliability is concerned. And I guess it has it's merits - BMW is not as horrible as some say, but Lexus is definitely more reliable.

But you right in saying that as far as driving dynamics goes RC300h is disappointing*. Looks fast when stand still, but just doesn't live-up to expectations when on the move. The caveat here is that different people have different expectations for the car and for some it is just right, I thoroughly enjoyed the car on fast country lanes ~40-60MPH and even found eCVT enjoyable to use with paddles, because of instant response. However, in any other domain it was not very impressive - on motorway fuel consumption was meh, on start stop traffic the initial start was very disappointing (0-30/40), but again some people don't launch their cars from every light, so they may never come across this issue.

I just vividly remember the occasion on my way to return the car after weekends' test drive where I have notice rattle can Clio with awful wings and riced-up on silly wheels pulling alongside me, clearly in wrong lane and banking on overtaking me in ~50m for roundabout exit and cutting me-off. So I have prepared to launch as hard as I can to prevent such embarrassment to happen, Sport+ mode, ready to stab the pedal... and as you may imagine the ****ty Clio had no issues smoking me from the start and cutting me off without much problem. So much for luxury "sports" coupe!

I think the most important takeaway here - test drive of both is must before buying, preferably longer one. Not sure about Netherlands but in UK Lexus does 24h test drives and in my case I was even able to take car for whole weekend.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jensen_309 said:

btw this is coming from someone who's most beautiful car was, is and will be E31 and then after that F87.

Apologies for side tracking the thread, but I do agree that the E31 and especially the 850CSI is indeed one of the best looking cars there is:

bmw-8-series-e31-850csi-03.thumb.jpg.46833119d3987a6448a79fdbea3670e2.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/6/2022 at 9:13 AM, Jensen_309 said:

Planing to buy car by the end of this year, but I cannot decide what to go for 

Should I go for RC300h F sport pre facelift or facelift? ..... 

Jensen, to answer your original question, I wouldn't, if I were you, be too concerned about choosing between a pre-facelift and a facelifted RC300h.  Those of us who have owned both models (F-Sport versions in my case) bought the second because we liked the first - and on the basis of nobody's advice but our own.  We also knew that, as is customary with Lexus facelifts, the aesthetic and functional changes would not be dramatic.  

Speaking for myself, I did not immediately like the new wheel design and some of the changes to the body as much as I do now, so I would therefore not be surprised if some owners still prefer the pre-facelift model.  This might also be the case with the interior, although it would be true to say that prospective buyers who test only the earlier model won't be aware of, and therefore won't miss, the numerous small ergonomic and aesthetic improvements which have made what was already a pleasant cabin into an even nicer one.  The same comment applies to the driving dynamics and acoustic comfort, which, along with the fuel economy, are noticeably better as the result of engineering tweaks.

As regards comparisons with other cars in a similar price range, I wouldn't presume to offer an opinion without having driven them.  This is the case with current BMWs, but I did test-drive a Mercedes C-Class Coupé and an Audi A5 before settling for my second RC, and while I wouldn't sneer at either of them as alternatives, I still preferred the RC because of the smoothness and seamlessness of the drive at all speeds, the materials and build quality, and the remarkable good looks, which, added to familiarity and my confidence in Lexus service, as well as the exclusivity inherent in small numbers, remain an unbeatable combination.

I would recommend that you test-drive the RC300h for yourself without reference to third-party opinions which, if professional, may well be based on vested interests or, if private, on individual quirks.  Aim for a facelifted example to test and possibly buy if the opportunity presents itself and if you believe the higher price likely to be asked is justified.  But you can be assured that the pre-facelift version wouldn't disappoint you either.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links