Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Issues with rear window controls from drivers door

This morning I tried putting down my rear windows in the car via the switches on the drivers door and only the drivers side rear window actually moved.

When I operate the window on the rear passenger door via the button on the rear door it goes up and down as intended, however it just refuses to move when using the button on the drivers door.

Does someone have any pointers or does it look like I may need to buy a new switch for the drivers door?

15 minutes ago, johnatg said:

You need to drive each window up and down with the switch on its own door, holding the button for about 3 seconds at each end of the travel. 

Have you disconnected the battery recently? 

I haven't disconnected the Battery recently, it had a new one fitted by the lexus dealership about 2 years ago; so I'd at least hope it should still be good.

I'll have a go at the windows tomorrow and see if that fixes and it.

Just a quick update, I tried the resetting technique by holding the button for 3 seconds and there was a clicking noise; now it's working fine from both doors, I noticed that the auto mode didn't work in the back until I did this either.

Thanks for all the help, I'd buy you guys a pint if I could.

The Moon(Sun) Roof will also need re-learning if you have one fitted, not that you will be using it any time soon! But come April time you may think it is broken!

23 hours ago, johnatg said:

You need to drive each window up and down with the switch on its own door, holding the button for about 3 seconds at each end of the travel. 

John, I've got this same problem just started on my Honda Legend ......  I'll give it a go too and see if it works for me 

Thank you

Malc

It most prob will as it is also the same on my 20 year old Mondeo!, the window mechanism control system needs to ‘know’ when the window has fully closed, it does this by detecting the increase in current going to the motor when you forcibly ‘keep closing it’ and ‘overload’ the motor. This is so it ( the control system electronics) can detect if for instance a person ( or part of!) gets trapped in the window opening, it can then stop and indeed retract slightly!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, LittleCasper said:

I tried the resetting technique by holding the button for 3 seconds and there was a clicking noise; now it's working fine from both doors,

yippee, thank you guys .  did this 3 seconds trick on the Honda Legend and both rear windows work fine now . bothy individually and from the driver's door controls too

Once again, thank you guys :thumbsup:

..  had been thinking this was some sort of Honda Main Dealer remedy only 

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links