Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Class Act-Lexus Dealers

SH20

Although it's 2 years since I collected my first ES, this time a different  dealer seemed to go out of their way to make the handover experience something to remember.   I'm sure other new ES owners regardless of the model purchased received the same treatment but Lexus seem to be setting a higher standard in how they present simple things like your keys.  To be handed a quality bag with a black Lexus box inside in which was a small bamboo wallet come purse arrangement holding both keys was a pleasant surprise, a bit ceremonial if I'm honest.  Then to be presented with a larger black Lexus box in which contained a small ceramic beaker and a container of Japanese green tea was equally pleasant. 

I was very happy up to this point but the dealer went further and said they would  stand the cost of the rear bumper protection strip I had pre ordered and had every intention of paying for. This  was nothing short of very generous.  The cost of which, in house, I learned was £134 as opposed to the £170 incl vat I had been quoted a few weeks back.  This is where I think Lexus leave other manufacturers dead in the water.    My worries over the paintwork being full of valeters tell tale signs of dragging micro fibre cloths across panels was totally unfounded.  The handover room where the car was waiting, out of the rain today, was lit by a significant number of  harsh artificial lamps the very worst thing for hi lighting paint defects or careless preparation.   I couldn't find any issues in the paint at all.  Like I say,  A Class Act.    

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, SH20 said:

Although it's 2 years since I collected my first ES, this time a different  dealer seemed to go out of their way to make the handover experience something to remember.   I'm sure other new ES owners regardless of the model purchased received the same treatment but Lexus seem to be setting a higher standard in how they present simple things like your keys.  To be handed a quality bag with a black Lexus box inside in which was a small bamboo wallet come purse arrangement holding both keys was a pleasant surprise, a bit ceremonial if I'm honest.  Then to be presented with a larger black Lexus box in which contained a small ceramic beaker and a container of Japanese green tea was equally pleasant. 

I was very happy up to this point but the dealer went further and said they would  stand the cost of the rear bumper protection strip I had pre ordered and had every intention of paying for. This  was nothing short of very generous.  The cost of which, in house, I learned was £134 as opposed to the £170 incl vat I had been quoted a few weeks back.  This is where I think Lexus leave other manufacturers dead in the water.    My worries over the paintwork being full of valeters tell tale signs of dragging micro fibre cloths across panels was totally unfounded.  The handover room where the car was waiting, out of the rain today, was lit by a significant number of  harsh artificial lamps the very worst thing for hi lighting paint defects or careless preparation.   I couldn't find any issues in the paint at all.  Like I say,  A Class Act.    

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

All very good Steve.

What was the name of this Dealership please and did they forget flowers for the wife ?

It was Lexus Leeds John.  No flowers though, just the tea but she wants me to take her out for lunch tomorrow  now that she knows I'm £170 better off !!   How very dare she !!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, SH20 said:

It was Lexus Leeds John.  No flowers though, just the tea but she wants me to take her out for lunch tomorrow  now that she knows I'm £170 better off !!   How very dare she !!!

Have an enjoyable lunch Steve.......and don`t forget the flowers which I am certain she deserves.👍👍👍

Had similar from Lexus Stoke a number of years ago with an IS300h... It was like some Japanese ritual where we drank from a beautiful teapot and cups before the car could be handed over lol...

Sure I posted about it here at the time... 

Just now, Caspa said:

Had similar from Lexus Stoke a number of years ago with an IS300h... It was like some Japanese ritual where we drank from a beautiful teapot and cups before the car could be handed over lol...

Sure I posted about it here at the time... 

And now you mention it I`m sure I can recall being given the Business Card of a Geisha Girl when I collected my first Daihatsu Four Track. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Fig said:

Bottle of Roku gin with my gs300h last year at Stoke

Set of ceramic Japanese spoons from Lexus Swindon in December when I collected my new RX. A bit of an odd choice, but I actually rather liked them.

Paintwork equally flawless in the handover room, and the box for the keys is a lovely touch.

5CCD4043-9BF1-4AB6-B24D-45F57A6EB4C9.thumb.jpeg.5b5e9ad486f13edbd7b0b413e3156267.jpeg

• Like 2

When I collected my new TX Takumi from Lexus Ipswich;; I received a lot of complimentary goodies including a big bouquet of white rose flowers for the wife. The bamboo box and digital card key had an aura of sophistication that can’t be fully described 

14 minutes ago, Fatts said:

When I collected my new TX Takumi from Lexus Ipswich;; I received a lot of complimentary goodies including a big bouquet of white rose flowers for the wife. The bamboo box and digital card key had an aura of sophistication that can’t be fully described 

"white rose flowers for the wife", that surely has to be swap of the century ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Wow those are very nice gifts indeed. Making a bit jealous TBH 🙂 I didn’t get any

Although I did get a set of winter floor mats (front only) courtesy of the dealership… so there’s that 🙂 

Cheers,

—E

On 1/7/2022 at 6:53 PM, Fatts said:

I too was fortunate enough to have experienced immense generosity from Lexus Ipswich when I took delivery of my ES Takumi. Their gifts didn’t extend to gratis front rubber mats. Instead I coughed up for them separately and I must say they are exceptionally good.

Hip hip hooray for Lexus Ipswich 👍

PeteTP

Over the years I have received ---

A bottle of Dom Perignon champagne & an umbrella.

A Lexus Car Jacket.

Rear Spoiler,Front Bib Spoiler & Sport side sills painted & fitted for free.

Numerous extravagant new Model Launch Treats & Lexus Driving Days.

Since 2019,nothing.

Tel

16 minutes ago, Tel said:

Over the years I have received ---

A bottle of Dom Perignon champagne & an umbrella.

A Lexus Car Jacket.

Rear Spoiler,Front Bib Spoiler & Sport side sills painted & fitted for free.

Numerous extravagant new Model Launch Treats & Lexus Driving Days.

Since 2019,nothing.

Tel

Is it me or is Tel’s Post reminiscent of the finale to Brucie’s Generation Game?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tel said:

Since 2019,nothing

As competition for sales has increased, dealer margins have decreased. Personally I’d say a truly extravagant gift these days would indicate you hadn’t got a really good deal…

Lexus Swindon were over £2k better in terms of the deal for my RX than any other Lexus dealer. One even questioned how they could do the deal at the prices they were offering. I’d rather have the money in my pocket than a flash driving day (or similar), and I think most of us are the same. Times have changed.

I think it’s nice that Lexus still offer a token gesture. Most others don’t.

A nickname was ‘bestowed’ upon me by the Sales Dept @ Lexus Ipswich due to my negotiating ways. Even child 1 walked away to avoid embarrassment.

But…..in the end…..I got to where (perhaps over-ambitiously) I needed to be with the figures. I do count myself lucky not to have been told to go elsewhere🤬, if you get my drift😉!

Dont ask, you don’t get. 

PeteTP

• Like 2

Things have changed with dealers in the last 2 years. In 2019 despite having 4 PCP quotes from 4 Lexus dealers not one of the quotes was different, not even by one penny.   I finally chose a dealer who was prepared to give 5 years free servicing and a protection pack worth £400.   All PCP quotes had the £2000 Lexus finance allowance of course but no dealer was allowed apparently to give any actual discount in cash terms.   

Move forward to 2021 when I decided to change my car for another ES300h  and all bets were off.  As a repeat finance customer there was an additional £750 finance making £2750 in all but any repeat Toyota Finance Customer would get that on a new Lexus but my invoice for the new ES  clearly shows £1500 discount and the word discount is  written  on the bottom of the document.   I guess the point is you just have to get used to shopping round and hope the dealer appreciates your are shopping round.  My dealer hands over  a £1500  discount and gives £29,200 for a 2 year old ES300h with a premium pack fitted.  To me this suggests dealers do their own thing now rather than abiding by what Lexus tell them what they can and can't do.   

• Like 2

I’d wholeheartedly agree SH20. I found Carwow to be a great way to start. They lead me to the best starting price….at Ipswich. 

When I collected the car Carwow sent me an amazon voucher simply for using them. Think this is the future.

PereTP

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, PeteTP said:

I’d wholeheartedly agree SH20. I found Carwow to be a great way to start. They lead me to the best starting price….at Ipswich. 

When I collected the car Carwow sent me an Amazon voucher simply for using them. Think this is the future.

PereTP

+1 for CarWow as the starting point. If nothing else it shows the dealers who really want the business…and those that don’t!

• Like 3