Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

CT 200h F Sport

PGL

Interested to hear from anyone who has a 2019 model CT200h F Sport.

Have an issue with mine, would like feedback from other owners if possible.

14 minutes ago, PGL said:

How long have you had the car Malcolm and did you buy from a Dealer

36 minutes ago, PGL said:

What issue? I have no problems with mine.

Bought new from dealer in 2019 and continue to have same issue I have had since buying... excessive noise entering drivers side from passing vehicles.

It is a long long story, as you can image over all this time, but dealers (tried more than one!) have not provided any solution.

I was hoping someone from North East England may respond to this so we could compare vehicles, as dealers in area advise they do not have similar model to compare with.

Last thought from service manager was pathetic, so I won't bother to say what it was!

Rubber seal in door / window not installed correct, door not closing correct?

Cabine should be the same for all CT after the update in 2014 - or am I wrong. Does the F-Sport have different anything except engine and suspension? All CT of newer date should be same. Please correct me if I am wrong.

42 minutes ago, PGL said:

Last thought from service manager was pathetic, so I won't bother to say what it was!

You may think it pathetic but it may also point others to a solution, so do tell.

Also would be good to know what the dealers have tried in the past?

Have they tried using a mechanics stethoscope to pinpoint any noise intrusion?

One of >>THESE<<   

The rear door will be easy to check whilst driving using somebody in the rear seat but the driver's door would be problematic.

With the car stationary I would run something like a vacuum cleaner outside and listen from the inside round the seal to see if there is one spot that is noisier than elsewhere.

Hope you get it sorted as it can be a somewhat irritating problem.

3 hours ago, PGL said:

Bought new from dealer in 2019 and continue to have same issue I have had since buying... excessive noise entering drivers side from passing vehicles.

It is a long long story, as you can image over all this time, but dealers (tried more than one!) have not provided any solution.

I was hoping someone from North East England may respond to this so we could compare vehicles, as dealers in area advise they do not have similar model to compare with.

Mine does not have this issue, in fact I have been very pleased with the lack of noise from the road. I was concerned because previous vehicle had double windows and was very quiet.  I am surprised you have this issue as most recent reviews of the later CT mention how quiet the car is.

Brand new car arrived with a damaged rear drivers side door seal, thought this would be the issue, but when replaced by dealer (who charged for this, as part not included in warranty... Complained to Lexus who paid for it) it didn't make much. if any, difference.

Since then have had vehicle to three different dealers, one showed a complete lack of interest as not bought from them, one heard 'something that should not be there', inserted something into door surround which actually made things worse as door trim started to rattle, but refused to have car back for further inspection and finally after initially advising nothing could be found, because they hadn't road tested on single carriageway roads where cars pass at speed, which is what I've constantly advised highlighted issue, they heard something on dual carriageway, then replaced door seal. Although initially this did appear to quieten things, this was still noticeable and has become worse since weather turned cold. Someone I know, who works at a manufacturers body repair shop, sat in car when stationary and could clearly hear noise from passing cars which should not occur.

Do not have wind deflectors fitted.

F Sport has a few differences with body trim, but have yet to meet any other CT F Sport owner who has experienced similar problems.

After having a CT for 5 years previously, very happy with quietness otherwise I wouldn't have bought another!

OK then... service mangers latest suggestion as this is his opinion after nearly three years of dealing with this is....

This car has 'open wheels', the noise must be bouncing off other passing vehicles and coming back into cabin! Yeah that sounds like the answer ... when noise can be heard entering car when stationary! 

Read the CT handbook which provides a lot of information on how Lexus test vehicles and deal with their customers... ummm, I'll let anyone on here decide about that.

I'm off to another dealer soon...

52 minutes ago, PGL said:

Brand new car arrived with a damaged rear drivers side door seal, thought this would be the issue, but when replaced by dealer (who charged for this, as part not included in warranty... Complained to Lexus who paid for it) it didn't make much. if any, difference.

Since then have had vehicle to three different dealers, one showed a complete lack of interest as not bought from them, one heard 'something that should not be there', inserted something into door surround which actually made things worse as door trim started to rattle, but refused to have car back for further inspection and finally after initially advising nothing could be found, because they hadn't road tested on single carriageway roads where cars pass at speed, which is what I've constantly advised highlighted issue, they heard something on dual carriageway, then replaced door seal. Although initially this did appear to quieten things, this was still noticeable and has become worse since weather turned cold. Someone I know, who works at a manufacturers body repair shop, sat in car when stationary and could clearly hear noise from passing cars which should not occur.

Do not have wind deflectors fitted.

F Sport has a few differences with body trim, but have yet to meet any other CT F Sport owner who has experienced similar problems.

After having a CT for 5 years previously, very happy with quietness otherwise I wouldn't have bought another!

OK then... service mangers latest suggestion as this is his opinion after nearly three years of dealing with this is....

This car has 'open wheels', the noise must be bouncing off other passing vehicles and coming back into cabin! Yeah that sounds like the answer ... when noise can be heard entering car when stationary! 

Read the CT handbook which provides a lot of information on how Lexus test vehicles and deal with their customers... ummm, I'll let anyone on here decide about that.

I'm off to another dealer soon...

What make and exact size of tyre on each wheel please?

Are all tyres fitted correctly DIRECTIONALLY ?

What was the other CT Model  which the current one has replacedand Tye make and size if known. please Malc?

1 hour ago, PGL said:

No difference with the door panel or the way it seals though on an F Sport compared to any other grade. My neighbour had a CT F Sport but never complained about this, and I've certainly not read anything on these forums from someone with the same issue.

I assume there is no problem with the other side?

Is the outside of the door completely flush with the body panels?

There is normally one more than one seal - one on the door and one on on the body, where both changed?

If there is a noticeable gap to let in noise then you could try jet washing around the door to see if any water gets in - it would give you an idea where the problem is.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

What make and exact size of tyre on each wheel please?  Yokohama 215/45 R17 fitted (& same fitted to previous CT Premier)

Are all tyres fitted correctly DIRECTIONALLY ? Yes 

What was the other CT Model  which the current one has replacedand Tye make and size if known. please Malc? see above..

36 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

No difference with the door panel or the way it seals though on an F Sport compared to any other grade. My neighbour had a CT F Sport but never complained about this, and I've certainly not read anything on these forums from someone with the same issue.

I assume there is no problem with the other side?

Is the outside of the door completely flush with the body panels?

There is normally one more than one seal - one on the door and one on on the body, where both changed?

If there is a noticeable gap to let in noise then you could try jet washing around the door to see if any water gets in - it would give you an idea where the problem is.

The passenger side is as quiet as previous CT was on both sides!

Externally doors on driver side  appear correctly fitted, no noticeable panel gaps.

Strange thing occurred when discussing with Service Manager, at next dealership I'm going to... vehicle records do not state door seal replaced but something else, a 'guard' of some kind. They mentioned possible internal door issue, will discuss further when attend.

On Wheeler Dealers they used a gas bomb inside one of their cars which showed any gaps appearing through rubber seals etc. Asked if service manager had seen this, he had but just gave me a strange look and said nothing when I asked him to do this on my vehicle as he was having trouble discovering issue.

On 1/8/2022 at 8:44 PM, PGL said:

Hi, I have a 2019 CT F Sport and don’t have the issue you have described. 

I also have a 2019 F sport, can’t say I’ve noticed much wind noise, but I can hear the tyres on certain surfaces. Then again, I tend to have the stereo on quite hi volume. I too would be interested in a solution in case I have problems later.

On 1/18/2022 at 9:37 PM, northernstar said:

It is anything to do with the little fan in the back seat, driver side? Have you checked that out. Could sound like air rushing in when it’s running.

Hi Malcolm (PGL), Just a thought but I did notice when I first got the car a wind noise pass my right ear, when the fan was running at a higher speed. It was annoying until I realised turning the fan down or switching to ECO stopped the noise. Now I do not notice it. Just a thought. Sorry no-one seems to have an answer for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hybrid Battery cooling fan located behind driver in rear seat - no this isn't the issue, thanks for the thought, northernstar.

As this issue has been on vehicle since brand new, don't believe, drwo, it is something that will appear, then again I don't know for certain!

Thanks for your advice, Moleman, again don't believe this is the issue, I'm really starting to think the issue is with the drivers door, anyone noticed a kind of 'wobble' externally on bottom of door when shutting door? Unfortunately had to cancel my appointment to have this looked at by another dealer due to health problems. I will of course report back, once this has been inspected.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, PGL said:

Hybrid battery cooling fan located behind driver in rear seat - no this isn't the issue, thanks for the thought, northernstar.

As this issue has been on vehicle since brand new, don't believe, drwo, it is something that will appear, then again I don't know for certain!

Thanks for your advice, Moleman, again don't believe this is the issue, I'm really starting to think the issue is with the drivers door, anyone noticed a kind of 'wobble' externally on bottom of door when shutting door? Unfortunately had to cancel my appointment to have this looked at by another dealer due to health problems. I will of course report back, once this has been inspected.

Never noticed any problems with the door. I hope you find an answer.

20 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

As doors have been the same on all CT models for quite a long time, and not previously mentioned here on the forum, it must be down to manufacturing problem.

You could be right John, not sure what else it could be. The OP mentioned this before: Brand new car arrived with a damaged rear drivers side door seal. Makes you wonder if we are seeing the first example on here of a failure of quality control at Lexus.