Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bespoke rear seat floor mats

Hello LS colleagues,

Im an interloper from the ES crowd. Hope you don’t mind me asking for some advice on the above?

Im delighted with my ES 300 Takumi. The singular area of incomplete satisfaction is that Lexus don’t do rear seat floor mats. So I’m minded to explore the possibility of purchasing a pair of bespoke third party (sheep skin, lambs wool even? 🤷🏻‍♂️) mats.

As you are the drivers at the top end of the luxury scale, would anyone care to share their thoughts, wisdom and or experience.

TVMIA.

PeteTP

My Daughter bought me a Whole Lambs Skin for Christmas and I haven't a clue what to do with it, however my wife tells me she has got plans?

It came from IKEA and may well cut up into two if long haired mats if that is what you are looking for.  Comes in White, all the way from Argentina! No idea as to what it cost. Check out their website?

Just a thought.

On 1/9/2022 at 11:26 AM, PeteTP said:

Hello LS colleagues,

Im an interloper from the ES crowd. Hope you don’t mind me asking for some advice on the above?

Im delighted with my ES 300 Takumi. The singular area of incomplete satisfaction is that Lexus don’t do rear seat floor mats. So I’m minded to explore the possibility of purchasing a pair of bespoke third party (sheep skin, lambs wool even? 🤷🏻‍♂️) mats.

As you are the drivers at the top end of the luxury scale, would anyone care to share their thoughts, wisdom and or experience.

TVMIA.

PeteTP

Interesting Pete,  I look from time to time on other models forums and I have seen your posts in the ES forum. I owned a LS460 SE-L  and bought a set of winter rubber mats when I had that car.  Very reasonable price at the time and held them back when I sold the car.   I now use the rear set in my own ES300h now and they fit very well in terms of shape, the rear footwell of a LS460 is a similar shape and size as the ES.   Can't suggest anything if you want lambswool etc but I'm assuming you have the front winter mats in your ES which you correctly say are the only set Lexus do for the ES.    I bought the LS set as a set of 4 so not sure if the rear pair can be bought only as a rear set. You could ask your dealer I guess.   

Aha…we meet again. Just don’t tell the others we snuck into the luxury lounge of LS folk🤫.

I’ll act on that wisdom and experience SH 20, pronto. I’ve found what I think is a reputable manufacturer of bespoke lambs wool for the rear. Still mulling it over and this will input will now have to be given due consideration.

Yes I do have the front rubber (chunky 3D) mats and they are IMO excellent if not rather pricey.

Really appreciate your post, TVM. Speak soon …..back in our ES virtual room.

PeteTP

PS Why did you part with the LS, OOI?

OK Pete I'll photo the LS460 rear winter mats later on today, in and out of my ES so you can form an opinion.  But as I say they may only come as a set of 4 and the fronts would be surplus plus they would cost well over £100 now as they cost £96 in 2015.

The LS was the best car I ever owned and you may not believe this but in the past  I owned 3 Bentleys,  4 Jaguars and then moved over to Lexus in 2015 and the LS was the first of my  4 Lexus cars.

The LS was a 2007 one owner car and the owner who owned a caravan park ordered it with every option Lexus had at the time. It had metallic dark red paint and cream leather.   It was just outstanding and very low mileage and only sold it because I wanted to move over to a hybrid so got my first hybrid a GS450h Premium and then of course the 2 ES300's over the last 2 and a half years. Now won't consider any other brand.

What about other winter mats from other Lexus models?  RX, NX etc.   Maybe your Lexus dealer's parts man could explore what they might know/have that might fit an ES.

Steve    

Good morning sir,

Thanks for generously offering to provide images of these mats I’m contemplating. Funny enough I’ve got an issue with the lambs wool issue that I need to address. Not because they’re rubbish quality (they make for RR, Bentley, Aston and many more prestigious marques) but of the ergonomics of floor vent v pile depth. They’re still the preferred option but this LS concept has grabbed my interest too.

Lexus is easily the best brand I’ve ever owned. I’ve not got the pedigree back catalogue that you have. However, I had to part company with years of MBZ because their standards with the passage of time went through the floor. My last E Class was in the workshop 21 (yes, …..21!) times in 18 months. It had essentially been rebuilt piecemeal at MBZ U.K. cost. But I couldn’t stomach any more of them and their rubbish product. I wandered into Lexus Ipswich and everything that MBZ wasn’t appeared before me. The rest is history.

The cream to add to this beautifully iced cake is fellow members like you Steve who give up their free time to help  people in search of advice/help/wisdom/experience  I.e. me

Result happiness 👍

Pete

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Howplum said:

You could try this company:

https://www.easirider.com/lambswool-over-rugs/

Thanks Howplum for your steer. Funny enough…….This happens to be the outfit I’m in conversation with regarding lambs wool one-piece. Despite sounding like a toupé it’s actually a fine thing to put your feet on.

By any chance have you any experience of their products?

PeteTP

Further to my original post and the received wisdom of Steve SH20, if any Lexus brand rear rubber floor mats for LS 460 happen to come up for sale could somebody be good enough to drop me a line on here or give me a shout?

TIA of the friendly support of fellow members.

PeteTP