Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I am thinking of buying a GS430, anyone know what the differece is in ride quality, noise comfort etc between the GS and a LS400/430. I have only had 2 LS400s and a LS430. Anyone drive both on a regular basis, just looking for opinions, any most welcome :)

well, I drove both the LS430 and GS430 Sport at the openroad...

Out of the two, the LS impressed me most, even though it was bigger, it felt a more nimble car, the ride was smoother..

That said, the GS was a great car, but the ride was firmer (was the sport though), but I was certainly aware of its size (something i didnt have with the LS)... But the GS had a better 'feel' to it, the turn-in was sharp, and you knew what the car was doing (grip etc)..

As for noise etc, obviously the LS is in a class above the GS, but really, both were nice and quiet...

If it was me, I'd go for the LS430, mainly for the additional toys, and the fact a 3 hour drive would feel as relaxing as a bubble bath... mind you, I really want a GS sport too, so a tricky one...

I have a GS300 MK2 and like the car. But if I could choose between a GS430 (UZS161( or a LS430 (UCF30) and money is not the issue, i would go for the LS430.

More class and better comfort. I would also do some exterior mods like larger wheels and a bodykit. I have seen some LS430 with bodykits and these very look good...

Thanks Colin, I was not aware that a new model was imminent, this needs some thinking about, will affect prices for sure. Mind you, all big cars are bad, I bought an S type Jag when I got rid of the Lexus, just been offered 5k less that I paid for it about 2 months ago. That was against a GS. Probably better keeping it a while?.

I think any luxury car will have crash depreciation. Also you normally pay significantly more when you buy the car than the actually trade -in value.

So unless you do not have a choice, I think you may be better of to keep the car for a while. Probably the trade-in value won't change that much in 6/12 months time.