Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx 400h transmission problems when selecting drive Was this your old car reg EX09ZPF

Hi I was looking into buying a Rx 400H Ltd Edtn Exec Cvt 2009 at a Car Auction tomorrow online but on the notes it states "Doesn't always seem to engage drive properly when selected"

Could anyone tell me if this a known problem and possible solutions and parts need if any to cure problem?

I have googled and it could be low 12v Battery which could be the case as it has not been driven since December the 22nd last year. or could it be sticking breaks or Software issue

Or was this your car that you PX with Toyota main dealer the reg number EX09ZPF vin JTJHW31U602865819 the mot history seems ok.

Any help would be great before I take the plunge and make a bid

All the very best John

Cheers Bill 

That was also a worry of mine I tried to see if Lexus had any service history on the car but I need the data of the V5 so I was unable to get the service history if there was any.

If I get it at a good price I would have the engine and gearbox serviced and cam belt water pump and pully replaced as a matter of course.

All the best John

I have to say... if it was me, I'd be looking elsewhere. 

How much would it cost to investigate and maybe replace the gearbox - assuming that's the issue?

My 2 cents.

Perhaps technology/fate has intervened in your favour John. Like Piers, I'd be giving it a swerve too. Sure, the gear shift issue may be minor, and the possible lack of an oil change for the last 40k miles may have caused no lasting harm, but without a thorough inspection it's not a risk I'd want to take.

• Like 1

Cheers Bill 

I have been looking to buy a RX400H since 2018 and missed out so many times due to either funds Corvid or sold before I get a chance to look at it.

Or they have been total sheds.

I have not even test driven one yet or even say in one as I had made my mind up to give it a miss well before it gets that far lol 

And I met an old chap at a local carboot sale  last year who had a new NX and said the best thing was they gave him £2,000 PX for his 10 year old Rx 400h I could have died as he did not drive much and it had full Lexus service history.

I did not have the heart to tell him how much it would have been really worth.

All the best John 

• Sad 1

Just an update I got a reply from the auction house and they are looking into my access problem and they have informed me that they have a NX coming in soon and would I like the details.

I replied "Yes" I would love an NX if my budget would stretch that far lol and I asked if he could let me know how much the RX 400h sold for in the end.

Cheers John 

• Like 1