Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

MY22 ES300h F-Sport Review

e-yes

One of the somewhat more sensible/detailed reviewers on YouTube.

Although, Camry Inside ? I find it a bit weird that several reviewers don't acknowledge the existence of Toyota Avalon 🙂 

Also, Toyota are not selling new Camry in the UK anymore 😞 

• Like 4

I've seen a lot of Youtube videos by this German chap (Autogefuhl) on lots of different cars. He is very thorough and understands what he is reviewing.  

I have watched hours of high praise US reviews of various ES models. Firstly Americans have had the ES a lot longer, secondly they get what it is and is trying to achieve; as in it’s not a performance bred 0-60 car. It’s a comfy, hi spec cruiser like an S class, the size of an E class and cheaper than a C class 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tonyw said:

I have watched hours of high praise US reviews of various ES models. Firstly Americans have had the ES a lot longer, secondly they get what it is and is trying to achieve; as in it’s not a performance bred 0-60 car. It’s a comfy, hi spec cruiser like an S class, the size of an E class and cheaper than a C class 

minus the merc's recent reliability record

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, peniole said:

minus the merc's recent reliability record

It is quite interesting looking at how Lexus designs have evolved keeping in mind that the premise behind Lexus was to take on Mercedes. The very first LS models do have a stark resemblance to Mercedes S class of the same era. That's what Lexus was targeting at that time.

However the latest designs are such a departure from Mercedes and in fact anything else out there. One cannot mistake the current LS for a current S Class. It is a thing on its own. No one will mistake an LS500 for an S-Class today.

Not sure where the Germans are going with their designs really. I can only think of Porsche as good looking cars. Both BMW and Audi are producing horrible looking cars. For nightmares, try the BMW XM !

And personally I think Genesis and Jaguar are producing cars which I personally attribute the words attractive and beautiful with very easily. The new G70 is just plain beautiful. So are the XE and also XF, although there is slight bit of wonkiness in the XF but overall it is beautiful.

Lexus designs are very complex, maybe even polarising. But the current gen ES is indeed complex and beautiful. I mean, how many cars out there have floating creases over large surface areas but also manage to look good. I find the huge garden-rake style grille on the ES to be very elegant (although a bit in-your-face when I first saw it) but much better executed than what Audi did with the C8 A6 (went from handsome in C7 to botoxed-pouty in C8 !)

--E

3 minutes ago, e-yes said:

Not sure where the Germans are going with their designs really. I can only think of Porsche as good looking cars. Both BMW and Audi are producing horrible looking cars. For nightmares, try the BMW XM !

I looked up "hideous" in my Thesaurus earlier this week and "BMW iX" was listed as a synonym.

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...

Anyone like to give an update on their FSport.

Love to hear if you’re satisfied with ride comfort, seating material, just anything that makes you love your FSport and of course the things you don’t like.

I love Betsy to bits with the possible exceptions of:

• The centre console lid, despite being fiendishly cleverly designed so it opens from either side, does feel a little lightweight and flimsy
  • The boot struts can squash any large items when the lid is closed.

That's about it. Other than those minor things, she's the best Premium Taxi/Airport Transfer Vehicle going. And that's a fact.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mincey said:

I love Betsy to bits with the possible exceptions of:

• The centre console lid, despite being fiendishly cleverly designed so it opens from either side, does feel a little lightweight and flimsy
  • The boot struts can squash any large items when the lid is closed.

That's about it. Other than those minor things, she's the best Premium Taxi/Airport Transfer Vehicle going. And that's a fact.

Thanks James. They seem rather minor negatives, so it sounds like you’re very happy. What about the drive comfort  and if you had your time again would still have bought the FSport over the Takumi?

10 hours ago, Kozzie said:

if you had your time again would still have bought the FSport over the Takumi?

I've not driven a Takumi so far:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links