Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello all, new owner and member

ikaruga24

Hello to all. I recently became an owner of a Lexus Is250 SE+ 2007 automatic model that i got from a private seller. Obviously becoming a part of the owners club was a natural step for me. 

The car is in great condition but needs a few things to make it truly seem like new. I will make the appropriate post in the appropriate place! 

At any rate it's great to be part of the community. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ikaruga24 said:

Hello to all. I recently became an owner of a Lexus Is250 SE+ 2007 automatic model that i got from a private seller. Obviously becoming a part of the owners club was a natural step for me. 

The car is in great condition but needs a few things to make it truly seem like new. I will make the appropriate post in the appropriate place! 

At any rate it's great to be part of the community. 

Welcome Konstantinos.

Why did you want a Lexus and what have you been driving to date?

Looking forward to your contributions and to pictures of the vehicle of which you are so proud.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Welcome Konstantinos.

Why did you want a Lexus and what have you been driving to date?

Looking forward to your contributions and to pictures of the vehicle of which you are so proud.

Thank you Roy 

It's my first car in the UK as i have only recently started living here. In my country i was driving (and still do to be honest) a Toyota Corolla 2000 model. 

The reason i decided to get the IS250 over anything else was of course the name and the reliability factor as well as having a nice set of luxury extras (like heated seats) but also the price difference between the other candidates.

Obviously the IS250 was more expensive to buy by a good 30-50% but that in numbers that amounts to something like 500-1000 quid. A respectable amount but i know i got loads more worth of car than this amount would get me otherwise. Why buy a "normal" car when the cost of insurance and road tax is practically the same? Getting a Yaris was very close to these costs so I thought it wasn't really worth it. 

Then it's the use. About 25 miles a day, most of them motorway miles so i wanted a relaxed and easy drive. As a single man the IS250 fits my lifestyle way better than most other offers without breaking the bank in meintenance. Even if it's thirsty for today's standards with the hybrids and all i still think it has respectable consumption. So far with mixed use i average about 33Mpg according to the trip computer. 

At any rate pictures will come in as i upgrade her looks by restoring the fogged headlights and buying a new set of wheels with aftermarket ones.