Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Miles to a Tank

Hi All

My UX is arriving at some point next month and as this will be my main commuting vehicle, I was wondering how many miles people are getting out of a tank of fuel when doing mainly motorway miles?

Thanks

Steve

15 minutes ago, SteveHut said:

Hi All

My UX is arriving at some point next month and as this will be my main commuting vehicle, I was wondering how many miles people are getting out of a tank of fuel when doing mainly motorway miles?

Thanks

Steve

I don`t have a UX Steve,but the length of (my) the motorway journey and (my)the average motorway speed would give me between 333 and 532, so let`s see if there is indeed an answer from our Members.

Then perhaps Steve you can tell us the answer you arrived at before you placed your order for the F Sport ?

• Like 2

.................in my non-UX F ........... about  540  motorway miles per tank in my Ls400 V8 :wink3: ..........  but it has to be fully laden to get the max mpg for sure and keeping ( more or less ) to the speed limit ..........  there are so many imponderables in achieving mpg and per tank in whichever car one has ....  but rest assured it's way way better range than any existing and available EV :whistling:

Malc

My new in August 2021 UX seems better on fuel than my 2019 model, one of the first in the UK. 
I was getting around 52mpg at the end of last last summer, now dropped to 50mg in the winter. No motorways, all short journeys just old pensioners pottering around. Have no idea how many gallons in the tank, but easy to work out. 
if you use 52mpg as an average you will be very close. 

• Like 1

Cheers all, should be able to make a tank last a day hopefully without having to do a splash and dash at the motorway services though will be marginal on fuel at the end of the day possibly.

I cant see me getting anywhere near 52mpg as an average if honest, was more thinking I would be getting 40-42mpg.

The tank holds 9.5 gallons as just worked it out

I had one for 24 hours when my is250 was in fir service. Yes I drove it like I stole it as you do lol. When I gave the car back they asked me if I'd like to know what my mog was like. Oh feck I thought. Over 38 miles ish I was on 47/48% on Battery and averaged 50mpg. So basically if I drove 'normally ' and sensibly I'd have reckoned I'd have achieved near 60 mpg and more than 50% on EV .

I’ve had my UX Fsport Takumi for 10 months and was getting 57mpg in summer and this has dropped to 47mpg in winter,of course it does depend on driving style,I would say mine is spirited.

31 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Brent, and others, the original question did not ask for mpg.

In a similar spirit - and as the post is simply headed ‘Miles to a Tank’ - I would like to offer another potentially irrelevant observation….

When I had the 2.2 diesel Accord, the potential mileage on a full tank was predicted as 660 miles.  With the Lexus the figure is 330.  Initially I thought the Lexus must have a smaller tank, so was surprised to see it was almost a litre bigger.

Fortunately, consumption is not a consideration for me.  Mainly because we appear to have stopped going anywhere!  😒

• Like 3

On 1/14/2022 at 1:29 PM, SteveHut said:

Cheers all, should be able to make a tank last a day hopefully without having to do a splash and dash at the motorway services though will be marginal on fuel at the end of the day possibly.

I cant see me getting anywhere near 52mpg as an average if honest, was more thinking I would be getting 40-42mpg.

The tank holds 9.5 gallons as just worked it out

i was lent one for a day by our Lexus dealership whilst my car was in for service.   Whilst I took great care of their UX, I drove it quite animatedly through extremely hilly countryside (covered about 110miles) and achieved 52mpg    Am most impressed

Ive done 2 trips to Cornwall from my house its around 356 miles. Ive brimmed the tank before setting off and when i get there i fill up straight away. I drive not excessively speed wise within the limits at all times.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, LenT said:

Fortunately, consumption is not a consideration for me.  Mainly because we appear to have stopped going anywhere!  😒

Yeah, I have a feeling all that will change and be back in the office now again soon. Least I still will be working from home for three days a week.

• Like 1

The official capacity for the UX250h is 43 litres. I've averaged 47.8MPG over 16k miles of various types of driving, which translates to between 400 and 500 miles to a full tank, depending on weather conditions, weight of right foot etc.

A larger tank, and therefore longer cruising range would be nice, as it is I can just about manage a week's commuting if the weather's not too cold. I feel like an extra 20 litres wouldn't make much of a difference to the handling of an 1,580kg car, but would be very useful for folks like me.

Nick

• Like 3

Fuelled up on the way home the other night on the way home, very poor fuel economy! It's been cold, I've had to run the engine to help defrosting the windshield (only so much a scraper will do!) and a few short journeys have exacerbated this. The result was 36.24 litres for just 331 miles of running, giving an estimated 393 miles total if i'd run the 43 litre tank completely dry and just 41.52mpg (UK). Of course, I've also been driving with a heavy foot lately (lots of fun hooning around the few twisty roads my commute includes) so I'm partially to blame. But short of a trackday I reckon this probably gives a realistic worst-case scenario for what is otherwise a very efficient car.

What's also interesting is that the low-fuel warning light came on with about 20 mile left on the range estimate, and when I fueled up there were just 3 miles left, according to the trip computer. The fact that I still had almost 7 litres theoretically in the tank afterwards tells me that the trip computer and low-fuel light are incredibly pessimistic. We'll need a volunteer to fully run one of these down to empty to find out for sure what the usable capacity of the tank is, though, and that's not great for the fuel pump! 🙂

Nick