Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First trip back to dealer

Tonyw

Very minor repair tomorrow

when I collected I noticed 2 tiny scratches on the chrome trim around drivers window

I pointed it out to the salesman doing hand over and before I arrived home I had an email from the site manager asking me to come back in and arrange for a repair.

further exchange of emails and calls and they have the new bit of trim which will take half hour to swap, they have given me an exact time to drop in so I’m only their as long as I need to be. They could of picked it up and dropped it back, but for the sake of half hour, a cup of coffee some biscuits and a look around current stock I decided to make the 3 mile journey myself.

I will upload before and after photo if I remember 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, SH20 said:

Another example of Lexus customer care.

Another example of the Lexus Customer Care we all expect!

25 minutes ago, Tonyw said:

Very minor repair tomorrow

when I collected I noticed 2 tiny scratches on the chrome trim around drivers window

I pointed it out to the salesman doing hand over and before I arrived home I had an email from the site manager asking me to come back in and arrange for a repair.

further exchange of emails and calls and they have the new bit of trim which will take half hour to swap, they have given me an exact time to drop in so I’m only their as long as I need to be. They could of picked it up and dropped it back, but for the sake of half hour, a cup of coffee some biscuits and a look around current stock I decided to make the 3 mile journey myself.

I will upload before and after photo if I remember 

A good report Tony, thanks.

Which Lexus Centre did you say it was ?

It would be helpful for local Members to know.

37 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Another example of the Lexus Customer Care we all expect!

A good report Tony, thanks.

Which Lexus Centre did you say it was ?

It would be helpful for local Members to know.

I’m in Milton Keynes, it’s a Steven Eagell (Lexus and Toyota only) 

• Like 1

Picture of the scratches 

now sat with my coffee and shortbread 

just looked in the boot of the UX in front of me, I have seen bigger gloveboxes, 😂 

81B64C9C-D5A9-44E3-A609-B52E13CC3239.jpeg

1 hour ago, Tonyw said:

just looked in the boot of the UX in front of me, I have seen bigger gloveboxes, 😂 

I felt the same with a loaner UX I had. Enjoyed driving it but thought my bass cab and guitar would never go in the back! Betsy will swallow them with aplomb.

25 minutes ago, serbarry said:

Just for curiosity: is the boot of the UX even smaller than the one of MK3 GS450H?

No idea, but I haven’t seen one as small since my breadvan early 80s 3 door polo. The main problem is the height from floor to the wobbly parcel shelf thing. If you need to put in more than a few bags of shopping you are folding the seats and taking out the flexi thingy.

the boots were locked in the showroom so I had to look in through the folded seats. I laughed and asked is that on purpose to hide their size from prospective buyers. 

trim was swapped over very easily, and they even took it round the corner and topped up my petrol as well

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

Blimey, it must be big…a bass, a guitar and a plomb. Plombs are massive - round here anyway…

Mine is a midget plomb. Can I say that still?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mincey said:

I have heard it said that size doesn’t matter - if that’s any consolation.

On 1/13/2022 at 5:37 PM, royoftherovers said:

That will please our friend Len.👍

Yes John!  I had heard that they had another satisfied customer.  😁

Mine’s booked in for an Intermediate service next month, so looking forward to coffee and bikkies as enjoyed by Tony. They were suspended last time I was there, presumably on the basis that the entire process posed a viral threat to me - a typically thoughtful gesture, I thought at the time.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mincey said:

Ahhh, you have the tiny plomb. Sorry, I thought you meant the more common giant plomb…

[insert iconic Sid James laugh here]. Always remember Lt. Gruber only had a little tank… 🤣

image.jpeg.cda49d61f0bd44d2abe14eb93e166361.jpeg

• Haha 2