Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have tried, now several times, to adjust the wing mirrors to the desired position and memorise that position with the dedicated buttons following the procedure described in the manual. Anyway it seems that after some time the mirrors do not hold that position especially after putting the gear into reverse (and they tilt down), but when I put the gear back into D or P they do  not seem to go back to the original position. I will try to pay more attention to this aspect in order to find out when exactly they do not come back to the original position but I have already adjusted them several times. 

Thank you to who may have some ideas to solve this.  

Sergio,

Caspa has a 2016 RX and he may well be able to adjust the reverse position as well. I have 2007 GS and like you I am not able to adjust the reverse position, Actually its position is just fine for me.

However like you I find that sometimes after reversing the mirrors do not go back to where they were set. Not much out but not quite right. I don't know why. Is it worse in cold weather?

John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, OldTrout said:

Sergio,

Caspa has a 2016 RX and he may well be able to adjust the reverse position as well. I have 2007 GS and like you I am not able to adjust the reverse position, Actually its position is just fine for me.

However like you I find that sometimes after reversing the mirrors do not go back to where they were set. Not much out but not quite right. I don't know why. Is it worse in cold weather?

John

Well at least I know there is nothing I can do about the reverse position and probably it is not only in my car that the mirrors do not go back to the set position. I don't know if it is worse in winter as I only have the car since the 26th December. 

I can’t remember the exact cause, but this is well documented in the IS250/220 forum, as it occurred on the early versions of the 2IS.  It’s something to do with the gearing in the mirrors. 

Sergio,

Can you live with it until the warmer weather? Taking the wing mirror apart to get at the mechanism is much easier when the whole mirror assembly is warm. Then the mirror itself will pop out easily and you can get at everything. If it's cold it will not and you risk breaking something. You could warm it up with a hair drier but starting from a much higher temp is much the best way.

John

After asking advice to a friend who has an identical GS like mine, I have decided to put the switch of the mirrors in the neutral position (so neither left nor right position is selected) and the mirrors stay always in the set position. They don't tilt down anymore while in reverse but I don't mind. I have also adjusted them to tilt down and set this in position 2, so if I need them to tilt down I press the button 2 and when I have parked I press the button 1 and so doing I have solved the issue.😜

• Thanks 1