Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Coming home/follow home lights.

Lexusisf

I went to the dealer for my annual service and I asked them to perform adjustments on the personalised settings. One of the two I asked they delivered which was Windows down on the remote and up on the remote which wasn't ever enabled. That went on no hitch. But I also asked for them to tick "follow me home" lighting which stays on for a set period when the car is locked, I chose 30 seconds. this feature would be very useful to me given my garage and driveway set-up. 
unfortunately they were busy and said it failed to initialise. And it was "something to do with the door locks". The service adviser said she didn't understand or have a clue what the technician said, but just that he  couldn't do it. 
SO, Does anyone on here have a Lexus 2IS with active follow me home lights. Or does the feature only coincide with other settings? 
thanks in advance.  Car is a 2013 UK 

1 hour ago, Lexusisf said:

SO, Does anyone on here have a Lexus 2IS with active follow me home lights. Or does the feature only coincide with other settings? 
thanks in advance.  Car is a 2013 UK 

I don't think it is possible on UK cars, this has been discussed a few times in the past with no positive outcome. It's possible on the US vehicles but not European ones.

Bit confused on which model is being discussed here but on my RC 300h the handbook describes the 'Follow me home' system.. Maybe the same for other models?

This system allows the headlights and
front position lights to be turned on for
30 seconds when the power switch is
off.
Pull the lever toward you and release it
with the light switch is in Auto after
turning the power switch off.
Pull the lever toward you and release it
again to turn off the lights.

I have this function on my ISF but only through the indicators (not a Lexus function). I bought a new relay for the indicators to eliminate hyper flash on LED bulbs and to enable one tap indicating. The smart tap relay also has a 'follow me home' setting on the indicators, which comes in handy. Not sure if that would be a workaround for you?