Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Road Tax

Lexiguy

Hi Guys

I have just been told the disturbing news that road tax is due to take a massive hike in a few months and my car, a 2007 SC430 will be £2750 annually, is this true?

Should I or we be preparing ourselves and saving up?

Anthony 🤔

20211224_150309.thumb.jpg.638c473901a86a2c8d995d92a951859e.jpg

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Lexiguy said:

I have just been told the disturbing news that road tax is due to take a massive hike in a few months and my car, a 2007 SC430 will be £2750 annually, is this true?

The current one off tax for a new vehicle in the highest band is £ 2,245 - it is that price that is reported to be rising, not the annual price for an older vehicle (although I’m sure that will rise slightly too).

YES ......... I think it's the Wallace and Grommit syndrome effect ...  all SC430s will be subject to this but only in Yorkshire I'm afraid :whistling:

Malc

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

In The Netherlands the road tax is calculated by weight of the car, so I've a Lexus SC430 - 2007 weight 1824 KG per year €1100,00 and p/month €91,00 also depends in what province you live ! And we already complain about our government that they are stealing! Because from the € 4,3 billion they collect our roads should be like a red carpet but unfortunately our road contractors and stakeholders are corrupt!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Boersma said:

In The Netherlands the road tax is calculated by weight of the car, so I've a Lexus SC430 - 2007 weight 1824 KG per year €1100,00 and p/month €91,00 also depends in what province you live ! And we already complain about our government that they are stealing! Because from the € 4,3 billion they collect our roads should be like a red carpet but unfortunately our road contractors and stakeholders are corrupt!

😱😱😱, that's going to be half my energy bill 😱😱😱😱

• Like 1

If you do have a high emission car in the 2001-2017 scheme then you can be hit very hard on UK road tax, I think this will see a number of these cars taken off the road as the cost of tax becomes a significant proportion of the value of the car.  Ok you may say that's good for the environment but does not take into account that many of these cars may well do low annual mileages so although they are high emission the environmental impact is much less.  The 2017 onwards scheme is much lower for high emission cars once the first year hit has been taken, although you have the additional hit for a few years if the car is £40k+.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:
3 hours ago, Boersma said:

€ 4,3 billion they collect 

😱😱😱, that's going to be half my energy bill 😱😱😱😱

so you do live in an enormous and uninsulated mansion Phil ?

Malc

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Malc said:

so you do live in an enormous and uninsulated mansion Phil ?

Malc

No Malc, just the usual 4 bed 3 bathroom garden to four sides detached house and garage for which the local council kindly charge me £50 a week for bin collection and for street lights that turn off overnight 🤯

7 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

and for street lights that turn off overnight

lucky you, our's are on at night, maybe to try to stop people falling into the quay and drowning :wink3:

Malc

• Haha 3