Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

No option to request a Lexus UX brochure by post

Dear All,

I see the option to receive any model brochures in the post appears to have been removed from the Lexus UK website. You just have the download option now. I guess I may be showing my age here, but I liked looking through 'real' car brochures with a cup of tea or coffee- the ones you received by post or got from a dealer.

I appreciate it's more environmentally friendly to move everything online (less paper etc) and easier for the car companies to update the specifications and much cheaper I guess too, saving in printing costs, but I miss the 'old fashioned' brochures.

The current Lexus ones aren't very user friendly I find and with respect to Lexus, not all of the specification details seemed to be 100% accurate. When I was thinking about my next company car, it was great to have the paper UXe and UXh brochures along with some of the 'competition'. Maybe I need to get into the modern way of thinking though! 

I wondered if Lexus dealers still have paper brochures or do they provide print outs instead? It would be interesting to hear your thoughts.

Best wishes,

Chris           

• Like 3

When in for service a couple of months back I was given a printed brochure for the UXe, so it appears they still exist.

That said, it and previous brochures I collected for my RC back in 2019, were full of errors and omissions. Something I'm afraid Lexus seem very prone to, poor proof reading and error checking!

• Like 1

+1 from me for proper, hard copies of brochures. Lexus did have these available for my RX when I purchased in November.

Back in the 1970s when I was growing up, collecting car brochures was a hobby of myself and many of my peers. All you had to do was either visit Motorshow/Motorfair, or fill in and post the request slips from newspaper advertisements or motoring magazines. I’ve still got loads of them, and I’m sure I used them to help me to ‘influence’ my Father’s next choice of car!

• Like 4

Glossy brochures do seem a thing of the past, just ordered a UX TAKUMI and didn't get offered one, didn't ask either to be fair but it's not asking much surely for a £40k plus car.

Back in the 50s I was an avid collector of car brochures, works of art, wish I had them now, probably would have paid for my new Lexus!!

Agree about the Lexus website, sincerely hope attention to detail is not so shoddy on the car.

Bill D,

• Like 3

I got a hard copy brochure when i purchased my UX in Sept 20. I also requested a hard copy manual on handover. What i was given was good but no where as substantial as the online manual which goes to a few hundred pages. Yeah i prefera hardcopy but im afraid the way forward will be download i reckon online.

• Like 2

Thanks for your replies all. I agree with Peter about the accuracy of the brochures. The UXe one seemed better than the hybrid but guess that's only because it has less option packs!  That's interesting to hear about your car brochures Ed- you're right about how to get hold of them in days past. I remember asking my Dad if he could visit the Jaguar and Daimler showroom near his office, it must have been the mid 80's and they gave him some lovely hardback XJ and Daimler Double Six brochures. I still have them and quite a few others too. Mercedes brochures up to around 2010 were good as well- really detailed and high quality. I agree with Bill, they were works of art. The cost of producing them must have been high. Also, I hope all goes well with with your UX Takumi. I have the same grade on a UX electric and the attention to detail is brilliant on both I think. I also agree with Brent, I was trying to find something in the owners manual the dealer handed over without success only to find it in the online one!      

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Having spent my whole career in the Printing Industry it saddens me that the car brochure (along with other printed information) is being consigned to history. For me there is nothing better than leisurely thumbing through a brochure before choosing the options. Agree that accuracy is important though and the information is sometimes inaccurate which is annoying. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ken R said:

Having spent my whole career in the Printing Industry it saddens me that the car brochure (along with other printed information) is being consigned to history. For me there is nothing better than leisurely thumbing through a brochure before choosing the options. Agree that accuracy is important though and the information is sometimes inaccurate which is annoying. 

I spent my working life in the ad. biz Ken.  I too regret the passing of the printed brochure - I was even involved in their production!  But the move to a digital format was inevitable- and not confined to the automotive industry.

They were expensive to produce, but perhaps more significantly it was not feasible to keep up with all the model variations and language options that modern marketing demands.  Far quicker and cheaper to create them only in digital form.

Some years ago I had Konica cameras as a client and was surprised that they no longer supplied a printed manual with new cameras.  Their reasoning was that they had to be produced in so many different languages that it was not economical- even though it was the same camera.

Instead they offered a CD, as I recall.  Although how useful that would be if you were on a beach or in a field, say, they couldn’t explain.  And this was some years before the invention of the smart phone!

• Like 2

As a member of ‘Support Talk to Lexus’ which sends me by email questionares on a approx, monthly basis.

I received a questionnaire on printed brochures. Do I think they are important, required, form any part of the buying process e.t.c ?? 

I replied that I thought that printed brochure’s formed a most important part of new car buying. Adding that reading every detail of the brochure on a quite evening added to the excitement of deciding the colour, spec. and options of a new purchase.

Unfortunately ‘Support’ doesn’t give any results of the November 2021 questionnaire, we can only hope that printed brochures are again offered.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I agree with your response to Lexus David. I got my UXe last July and really appreciated having a paper brochure. As you say, it helped decide the colour etc- it was just so useful.

Can I ask, how did you sign up to 'Support Talk to Lexus'- was it via the Lexus support centre? 

Hope you're enjoying your UX too. 

I have signed up to ‘Support Talk to Lexus for a couple of years now.

I honestly can’t remember how it started, it is possible that it was after a  visit to the Toyota factory in Derby on a guided tour, I was e mailed a long questionnaire on my thoughts and impressions on the tour. Some of the questions were about which car you owned. At the time it was a Lexus IS.
I have always enjoyed filling in the questions and after filling in the one about brochures I added that I would like a brochure on the UX as the dealership in Leeds told me they were discontinued.  After a week or two I was surprised to receive a brand new brochure, even though it is dated February 2019. I must have helped as a bought a new UX delivered January 2022.

• Like 1

My invite to join came with the questionnaire after my purchase of my first RC, 5yrs ago. I've been responding to their surveys ever since. I have even received a couple of gifts as thanks!

I've now contacted Lexus customer service and asked if I can sign up to 'Support Talk to Lexus'. I like filling in things like this so hope they can help. They sent me a proper reply with a 'please leave this with us, we'll look into it' within 20 minutes which I thought was impressive. 

• Like 1