Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I need a glass and maybe some of the innards for the drivers door mirror on my Mk4 LS400, it’s had a generic glass stuck on which I didn’t notice when I looked at it.

My question is, does anyone know if a Mk3 mirror glass will fit a Mk4. I know the whole mirror assy itself is different (how much different I don’t know) but maybe the glass is pretty much the same. I think the Mk4 glass has a wider angle view bit on the glass and the Mk3 doesn’t, if that’s all the difference is I’m not bothered.

I am struggling to find a good Mk4 door mirror assembly but there are quite a few Mk3 complete door mirrors for sale.

1 hour ago, steve2006 said:

This guy is pretty good with spares and advice.

https://tinyurl.com/244fvxt9

Cheers, Paul Frost and he has a unit in Darwen where I live. I’ve met Paul and he is great with advice and knowledge, I’ve contacted Paul about it already. Paul does have one for sale on eBay but the glass looks like it’s bleeding at the bottom. I’m after a pristine glass with no bleeding if possible but I may not find one. It’s not the end of the world if I don’t, I could get a new glass from Japan for £180 plus delivery etc, if a used mirror assy is £100 plus or so then it may be the way to go.