Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well as my car hit 150,000 today I decided to go into reverse and so bought this beauty. It's one year older than my car on an 04 plate and 49,000 less miles. It's in gorgeous condition having only had 2 owners, full service history and only failed 2 tests in the past. (Incidentally that's 1 more than my old car). So, this being my third 430 in Canterbury blue with cream interior it didn't take long looking round it before the deal was done. This has one thing more than my previous car which is the adaptive cruise control radar system, an optional extra at the time. Obviously I can't keep them both so my '55' will be on the move once the reg plates are sorted. 

20220117_170017.jpg

20201210_125044.jpg

• Like 6

Thanks. I know 150,000 miles isn't a problem with these cars but the one I've just bought has 101,000 on the clock and the interior is spotless and still has the lexus carpet mats. The bodywork is tidier too. There's always going to be a point when you look at your car and think that certain areas could do with improvement, i.e. because of scratches or maybe a carpark ding. 2 of the front proximity sensors had coroded and stopped them from working and it's understandable with a cars of these years that they're not going to be perfect so I suppose it's it's just me looking to get as near as damn it to that. The wheels on my 55 plate car were poor and rather than having them re -  furbished which really is just the face of the wheel I opted to buy some aftermarket wheels which looked smart, not overstated and as close to the originals as possible.

• Like 3

A man of taste and discrimination. :thumbup:

When I get around to it I have all new sensors for my front bumper.
They are black but the one I have already replaced blends in nicely with the blue bumper.
Mine has a few chips and scratches but is mostly good ('04 @ 132k miles) and is a keeper. 😁

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lex - eleven said:

Well as my car hit 150,000 today I decided to go into reverse and so bought this beauty. It's one year older than my car on an 04 plate and 49,000 less miles. It's in gorgeous condition having only had 2 owners, full service history and only failed 2 tests in the past. (Incidentally that's 1 more than my old car). So, this being my third 430 in Canterbury blue with cream interior it didn't take long looking round it before the deal was done. This has one thing more than my previous car which is the adaptive cruise control radar system, an optional extra at the time. Obviously I can't keep them both so my '55' will be on the move once the reg plates are sorted. 

20220117_170017.jpg

20201210_125044.jpg

Great looking car - rare aswell given the condition, age, mileage and features

I also took the same route (no on my second 430) - unfortunatey mine has picked up many surface scratches whilst just parked on the road which bugs me everytime I look at it!

enjoy!

• Like 1

On 1/18/2022 at 8:37 AM, Shahpor said:

Very nice looking Mark 👍

I am curious though as to the reason for the change?

I totally understand it. I swapped my lovely 04 430 for an even lovelier 04 430. 133k miles and 4 owners versus 1 owner, 42k miles and supplying dealer service every year.

Enjoy!

• Like 3