Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Delays

beyond the blue

I’m guessing the factory has run out of some components for the ES now. I know last year Toyota/Lexus we’re in a good place having stockpiles of bits that others didn’t. 
last time I spoke to mine over Xmas, they said the shortest wait was on UX electric with delivery within 8 weeks on some version’s 

I’ve just ordered an ES last week and delivery is scheduled for May. Before buying I contacted a few dealers re delivery times and each was different. I suspect that somewhere dealer quotas are influencing this. However, having previously ordered a Vw id3 in July to which I have still no confirmed date, I’m not holding my breath!

Ordered 26.10.21,  drove car off the forecourt 7.1.22.  Ten weeks 3 days.  I think I might have received someone else's cancelled order. 

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, Amyatt79 said:

I have just had an email saying my new world has been shipped , just asking if anyone knows roughly how long it takes once shipped to get to the dealer for collection? Thanks 

From memory, shipping is 6-8 weeks depending on weather and then it takes 2-3 weeks once landed to arrive ready for collection. So 2 months hopefully for you. I think, roughly 

Ordered end of Nov last year. Was going to buy a new NX but opted for the ES due to the significant levels of discount possible. Was told April, then May, then June. Now not sure as dealer has not responded to my email asking for a further update. Seems to be the customer that always has to do the chasing.

56 minutes ago, Cs150 said:

Ordered end of Nov last year. Was going to buy a new NX but opted for the ES due to the significant levels of discount possible. Was told April, then May, then June. Now not sure as dealer has not responded to my email asking for a further update. Seems to be the customer that always has to do the chasing.

Wow! That's not good.

16 hours ago, beyond the blue said:

Wow! That's not good.

Perhaps unlucky by not having the best dealer, perhaps also I am expecting too much. As this is the first Lexus ordered and switching from another manufacturer maybe the expectations were too high? Was expecting the dealer to be responsive and provide a level of service that is premium in terms of customer service and any change to delivery dates would be informed ASAP. Only found out about the changes to dates so far by me chasing them. Sorry to say that the Lexus brand is not held in such high esteem as it was in November 2021 when the order was placed. Also the lack of spare wheel on the ES has been a further disappointment and Lexus UK have put in writing for me that they do not support adding a spare wheel is it would not then be UK spec. Every other car owned before has always had the option of having a spare wheel if it is not standard. Certainly the experience so far as removed any positivity around purchasing a new car! Even as I type this message the dealer has not responded. Things can only improve as it cannot get much worse....

5 hours ago, Cs150 said:

Perhaps unlucky by not having the best dealer, perhaps also I am expecting too much. As this is the first Lexus ordered and switching from another manufacturer maybe the expectations were too high? Was expecting the dealer to be responsive and provide a level of service that is premium in terms of customer service and any change to delivery dates would be informed ASAP. Only found out about the changes to dates so far by me chasing them. Sorry to say that the Lexus brand is not held in such high esteem as it was in November 2021 when the order was placed. Also the lack of spare wheel on the ES has been a further disappointment and Lexus UK have put in writing for me that they do not support adding a spare wheel is it would not then be UK spec. Every other car owned before has always had the option of having a spare wheel if it is not standard. Certainly the experience so far as removed any positivity around purchasing a new car! Even as I type this message the dealer has not responded. Things can only improve as it cannot get much worse....

That’s terrible, which dealership are you using? I can’t praise my local Stephen Eagell high enough. From first contact through to hand over, spoke to my sales guy every other week, sales manager came in during the hand over and the site manager emailed me as I was driving home.

out of interest are you using the app, both mobile and online. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tonyw said:

That’s terrible, which dealership are you using? 

out of interest are you using the app, both mobile and online. 

No access to track the vehicle sadly, online or mobile. The registered email address shows 0 vehicles listed. I queried this and was advised 'you can only track when the build has started'. Dealership is Stephen Eagell franchise also but at Cambridge. Interesting how you got phone calls every other week, have had nothing of the sort.

3 hours ago, Cs150 said:

No access to track the vehicle sadly, online or mobile. The registered email address shows 0 vehicles listed. I queried this and was advised 'you can only track when the build has started'. Dealership is Stephen Eagell franchise also but at Cambridge. Interesting how you got phone calls every other week, have had nothing of the sort.

Thought it might be, they have most of the Lexus dealerships in this area, the head office is Milton Keynes so maybe mine is worried about being mystery shopped, I had an Avensis as a company car many years ago and the local Toyota was also very accommodating 
your right about the app, it only works well once the car is in production.

On 2/11/2022 at 11:58 AM, Cs150 said:

That's disappointing and certainly not the customer experience that Lexus pride themselves in. I cannot praise my dealership enough - their customer care has been exemplary from the first day that I walked into the showroom in 2017.

On 2/11/2022 at 6:34 PM, Cs150 said:

I also have a vehicle on order with Stephen Eagell branch in Ipswich and their customer service is exemplary all the way, I have been getting a monthly update calls since November of las year. Perhaps your experience in their Cambridge branch is an exception to the norm.

After a 4 day wait found out that the delivery is now approx mid June. The dealer did not respond for the previous 4 days as they were 'busy'. The wait would have gone on longer than 4 days but by me calling them it is confirmed it is provisionally mid June. They do not do updates every few weeks to advise if the delivery date has moved but they have added me to a list in which they will update every 4 weeks approx by phone call. Sadly it looks as if the Cambridge branch of Stephen Eagell is a weak link compared to comments about the other locations.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links