Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Delays

beyond the blue

From my 50 years as a motorist, the service you get will be down to the individual who is serving you. As a rule, head offices are very bad who know nothing, so you need to make sure the garage you purchase from will be decent. On the sales part always perfect, but on the aftersales type of things problems etc not so good, which is difficult to judge from the staff when you purchase. 

17 hours ago, Dippo said:

There don't seem to be any additional delays planned for the ES in August.

https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/corporate/37543786.html

hmmm, so agter 6 months, I might get an ACTUAL update of progress.

I asked the dealership I bought from to look further into projected build times, he said raised a "compass case" with Lexus on 5th July.....still waiting.

On 7/12/2022 at 11:50 AM, Aljaf90 said:

Got an update from my dealer that my car (F sport with tech & safety pack ordered December 2021) will be going into production this month with an expected delivery date of October 6th - although dealer is optimistic this will be nearer end of September.

Mine will be one of the last cars on the MY22 spec, so don't get the new software updates with Lexus link pro. But at this point, I'm not too fussed. The tech & safety pack has been deleted, so I may well have had a 'reduced' spec in other areas, had I received the updated MY23 F sport.

My car has gone into ‘build’ status today.

2 hours ago, Aljaf90 said:

My car has gone into ‘build’ status today.

Ordered mine in February, so kinda hoping Lexus is gearing up for better numbers in august when they start the MY23 role out....august build, October delivery. However, any news right now would be good at this point.

4 hours ago, Dippo said:

I ordered in mid February, and my dealer called me last month to say it would be MY23 and October delivery.

even that sort of reassurance would be nice, I think the only changes to the my23 is lack of touch pad and no CD player? Hopefully come august when my23 builds start we should start to see some motion, considering there are limited delays advertised.

1 hour ago, kevtoon2905 said:

even that sort of reassurance would be nice, I think the only changes to the my23 is lack of touch pad and no CD player? Hopefully come august when my23 builds start we should start to see some motion, considering there are limited delays advertised.

Their is something on the my23 I would love at the moment. The updated telematics, being able to switch on the air con before entering the car and being able to lock the car from your phone, the number of times I get a message on my watch saying we have detected an open door. 

22 hours ago, Tonyw said:

Their is something on the my23 I would love at the moment. The updated telematics, being able to switch on the air con before entering the car and being able to lock the car from your phone, the number of times I get a message on my watch saying we have detected an open door. 

Being able to turn my air con, heated seat and heated steering wheel before I get into the car - would be handy if a thing in the cold depths of a Scottish winter.....if just air con...itll have to do. But yeah, Ive stopped carrying a wallet cos its been replaced by my phone, so using it to control my car is a logical next step.

4 minutes ago, kevtoon2905 said:

Being able to turn my air con, heated seat and heated steering wheel before I get into the car - would be handy if a thing in the cold depths of a Scottish winter.....if just air con...itll have to do. But yeah, Ive stopped carrying a wallet cos its been replaced by my phone, so using it to control my car is a logical next step.

Lexus has enough problems as it is with hybrid vehicles getting flat batteries without allowing for electrical systems such as heaters or aircon to be switched on remotely when not in 'Ready' mode.

• 2 weeks later...

My car has now ‘left the factory’ in Japan. Does anyone know how long it usually takes before it arrives in the UK, and then at my dealer?

2 hours ago, Aljaf90 said:

My car has now ‘left the factory’ in Japan. Does anyone know how long it usually takes before it arrives in the UK, and then at my dealer?

The timing was way off when I got the message from the dealer that mine had just left the factory, it was at the dealers 10 days later, although I didn't track it myself.

2 hours ago, beyond the blue said:

The timing was way off when I got the message from the dealer that mine had just left the factory, it was at the dealers 10 days later, although I didn't track it myself.

By message from the dealer do you mean the notification from the My Lexus portal / app?

I believe the shipping time from Japan to the UK is 4 to 5 weeks. Once it arrives in the UK, I understand the car goes to Toyota's facility in Burnaston for checks, then on to the dealer. According to other threads, that can take around two weeks. I've no personal experience of this - my order's still being processed.

• Thanks 1

Mine went into “Left the Factory” status as well today. 

My delivery date has always been quoted as 6th October. Hopefully it’ll be around then. Would be nice if it’s a few days earlier. 

All this talk of cars being shipped. I’m at month 7 and no word when mine is even going to get built. I’m pretty close to cancelling the order and just run my 3 series into the ground as trying to purchase any car is going to be equally as painful. (Also buying a new build house, which has went from a July/august move in to probable November/December. Im quite sad right now)

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, kevtoon2905 said:

All this talk of cars being shipped. I’m at month 7 and no word when mine is even going to get built. I’m pretty close to cancelling the order and just run my 3 series into the ground as trying to purchase any car is going to be equally as painful. (Also buying a new build house, which has went from a July/august move in to probable November/December. Im quite sad right now)

Mine was almost at 7 months before it went into build and was built 2 weeks later, but at the moment it still appears to be stuck in Japan, despite leaving the factory, waiting for a ship presumably. So yours should not be much longer now.

13 hours ago, wecpc said:

Mine was almost at 7 months before it went into build and was built 2 weeks later, but at the moment it still appears to be stuck in Japan, despite leaving the factory, waiting for a ship presumably. So yours should not be much longer now.

On 7/30/2022 at 7:35 PM, Tonyw said:

Are you using the app on your phone or the full online tracker on the Lexus website. I found they very often showed different info at different points of build, ship and arrival,etc

Yeah I ordered mine in December last year and finally seeing good progress. The actual build process doesn’t take too long, it’s getting to the head of the queue that takes time.  Sounds like you’re nearly there kevtoon2905. 

• Like 1

Ordered mine in mid-January after my VW was further delayed. Promised initially in May then changed to October at Lexus Swindon. Enquired once more today to find that it has not yet entered the build process which is estimated at three months without shipping. It doesn’t look good!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links