Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, 

Just wanted to say hello as a new member. Not been a Toyota group owner since my SW20 MR2 turbo around ten years ago now. Recently purchased a 2007 GS 450H which is getting delivered next week. Will post up some photos once it is in its new home. 70k miles, full Lexus SH so seems a good buy. 

I'm wondering what viscosity / brand of oil you guys use for these engines? Planning an oil change / filters / plugs when it gets here. 

Stephen :-)

• Like 1

Hello Stephen and welcome.

Nice car you have. It is a real Wolf in Sheep`s clothing.. Be very careful.

Looking forward to the piccies when available.

Did you buy Privately or from a Dealer ?

My car is serviced by the Dealer, so I guess he uses what is stated in the Handbook.

What have you been driving recently ?

• Like 1

Hi Stephen and welcome, nice choice with the car, please do add photos once you get it.

The oil I use is the one that states in the manual, 0W20 I think, however I have seen a video on Youtube where guy suggests to use something more viscous (5W20 for example). 

Why did you chose Lexus as a next car?

Vladimir

Thanks for the replies everyone. I had noticed the 0W - 20 in the manual, but going by Opie Oils website, they were advising a 5W - 30 which I was a bit unsure about - the VVTi especially giving me cause to think the thinner was better. 

Why did I choose a Lexus? I looked at the BMW 5 and 7 series, and the Mercedes S class - and to be perfectly honest the Lexus felt better, and I have huge faith in Toyota. So maybe a gut instinct? The Hybrid tech also appeals, with the silent take off from stationary. 

I'll get some pictures posted next week once it has arrived, it is from a car dealer in Manchester, but I'm waaaaaay up here in Fife, Scotland. 

Car is Olive green, with cream leather. Looks beautiful. 

Roy of the rovers - I'll be sure to be very light on the throttle to get used to it!

• Like 1

Welcome , ive considered swapping my GS 300 MK3 for a 450H but just always concerned about the Battery and its health 

With my luck with cars it would probably fail as soon as i buy the car ! 

Will be nice to see some pictures once you have the car 

Well, took collection of the car yesterday and I have to say it drives superbly. Quiet, comfortable but certainly has a lot of go to it when you need it!

Only one niggle (and yes I'll pop photos on shortly), the DVD slot for the maps is pretty noisy on startup, like a really broken noise - the maps work around half the time other times I get a read error (this is the glovebox dvd drive I'm meaning, the main stereo is flawless.) Other than that, everything works - and using the Hybrid Assistant App (android) show the Battery in good health with very balanced cells. 

70k miles on a 15 year old car, with everything working well (bar that dvd thing) shows to me the quality already. 

Does anyone know how to disassemble the glovebox to get to this drive? 

• Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 5:32 PM, Coltdriver said:

Thanks for the replies everyone. I had noticed the 0W - 20 in the manual, but going by Opie oils website, they were advising a 5W - 30 which I was a bit unsure about - the VVTi especially giving me cause to think the thinner was better. 

Why did I choose a Lexus? I looked at the BMW 5 and 7 series, and the Mercedes S class - and to be perfectly honest the Lexus felt better, and I have huge faith in Toyota. So maybe a gut instinct? The Hybrid tech also appeals, with the silent take off from stationary. 

I'll get some pictures posted next week once it has arrived, it is from a car dealer in Manchester, but I'm waaaaaay up here in Fife, Scotland. 

Car is Olive green, with cream leather. Looks beautiful. 

Roy of the rovers - I'll be sure to be very light on the throttle to get used to it!

Thanks Stephen.

Given that you bought from a Dealer, please remember that he is bound by English Law to correct, at his cost, anything significant, that goes wrong within 6 months of purchase.Do NOT take any problems elsewhere to fix.

Did he offer you any kind of warranty by the way ?

• Like 1

Hi Roy, 

Thank you. Yes, there is a warranty with the car. (Ashton Quality Cars, is the seller - really nice to speak to) I am usually very handy but will speak with the garage first and see what we can do. 

I've got oil, filter, sparkplugs arriving this weekend so will get all that replaced for peace of mind (oil looks clean on the dipstick but car has sat for at least 4 months at dealer). It may not need this, but I have always done this with every car I've owned and never had a breakdown or failure in 20 years. (touch wood!)

Pictures to follow this evening!

1 hour ago, Coltdriver said:

Hi Roy, 

Thank you. Yes, there is a warranty with the car. (Ashton Quality Cars, is the seller - really nice to speak to) I am usually very handy but will speak with the garage first and see what we can do. 

I've got oil, filter, sparkplugs arriving this weekend so will get all that replaced for peace of mind (oil looks clean on the dipstick but car has sat for at least 4 months at dealer). It may not need this, but I have always done this with every car I've owned and never had a breakdown or failure in 20 years. (touch wood!)

Pictures to follow this evening!

ok steve, it sounds that you know what you are doing.

I was merely offering advice. I hope that you were not charged for the warranty.

Good luck and I`ll lookout for the pics.

Thanks Ron, your advice is appreciated (and sorry if it didn't seem like it was!). The warranty was free of charge, so will hopefully not be costly to sort out. 

How long have you had your GS? 

Here are the photos - already got dirty so due a clean very soon.

I've also noticed a missing wheel trim piece, is this a common thing?

372175261_frontquarter2.jpg

1552739486_frontquarter.jpg

driver.jpg

IMG_20220125_130203.jpg

1201351696_rearquarter.jpg

• Like 3