Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Somebody has already "baptized" my car

Unfortunately I just discovered a scratch on the rear bumper of my car. I hope it was accidental and not intentional. My wife says it could have been a trolley in the car park of Lidl or Aldi. Really unlucky: I have always been extremely careful in parking my car, but unfortunately it happened.  

bumper.jpg

bumper2.jpg

• Sad 2

If it was intentional, I hope there's a special place in hell for people like that.

Had mine, as you say, "baptized" the other day too in a traffic jam by an a$$wipe taxi belting down the hard shoulder. Left side got hit by rocks, some polished away, a couple were fingernail feelers that needed some touch up paint 🤬

• Like 1

Thank you for your replies. I will try tomorrow with my fingernail if I feel it. Some told me that given the straightness of the scratch it may have been an accident. I will find out if it can be fixed. 

35 minutes ago, serbarry said:

Thank you for your replies. I will try tomorrow with my fingernail if I feel it. Some told me that given the straightness of the scratch it may have been an accident. I will find out if it can be fixed. 

If not, and especially given the location on the plastic bumper, a SMART repair could be a good and cost effective solution for you if needed.

Paul

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh dear sorry to see that 😞

Hope it would be minor and easy to get rid off scratch..

To be fair shortly since purchase I'm always on the far end of every car park - got few marks done by people just opening the doors with likely full force and got so angry about it (same thing happened within weeks of purchase), that now I'm parked as far as one can be..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Can you feel the scratch with your fingernail? If not it may well simply polish out.

I am just back from a body shop repair for cars. The guy said that it seems deep but he will try to polish it out. I will bring him the car on Monday. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, ironrose said:

Fixed?

No unfortunately the scratch is too deep and can't be simply polished out. It would need to be re-sprayed. I will keep it like this for now even if it bothers me. 

• Sad 1