Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content


2016 Lexus RX450H Engine Rattle Video 3


Recommended Posts

I have no idea Rob but that does not sound good whatever it is.

Hope they get it sorted for you quickly and at minimal cost.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Herbie said:

I have no idea Rob but that does not sound good whatever it is.

Hope they get it sorted for you quickly and at minimal cost.

We only so picked the Car up on Saturday Herbie from Lexus Gatwick, so comes with a 30 Day Return and One Year Parts and Labour Warranty, so luckily it's at their expense !

I hope they can repair it as its a lovely Car.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Also, looks from video to have excess vibration.  Just as well Lexus will have to pay for remedial work.  I would want to know what Lexus find and what they have done to rectify, (You don't want any further problems coming to light in the future that may be due to present problem), so seek assurance on this.  I would also give it a long test before you accept it back.

Assume you will be given a loan vehicle while this is sorted.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m going for the VVTI system insufficient oil pressure to the actuators possibly as a result of clogged micro filters going by the noise and engine shake as the valve timing alters.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Barry14UK said:

Also, looks from video to have excess vibration.  Just as well Lexus will have to pay for remedial work.  I would want to know what Lexus find and what they have done to rectify, (You don't want any further problems coming to light in the future that may be due to present problem), so seek assurance on this.  I would also give it a long test before you accept it back.

Assume you will be given a loan vehicle while this is sorted.

Yes Barry, we are getting a Courtesy Car

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, steve2006 said:

I’m going for the VVTI system insufficient oil pressure to the actuators possibly as a result of clogged micro filters going by the noise and engine shake as the valve timing alters.

If so, changing oil after cleaning conducts with special cleaning oil could solve the problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Zotto said:

If so, changing oil after cleaning conducts with special cleaning oil could solve the problem.

And of course replacing the 2 micro filters 😀

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Those are injectors - think they were changed at around 20-30k. Mine is also a 2016.

I had the same. Vibration with shuddering when cold and also when warm. Lexus swapped out one of the faulty injectors and it was back to smoothness!

That background rattle is direct injection fuel injectors - thats normal but amplified as the microphone is so close to the engine bay.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2022 at 2:19 PM, rayaans said:

Those are injectors - think they were changed at around 20-30k. Mine is also a 2016.

I had the same. Vibration with shuddering when cold and also when warm. Lexus swapped out one of the faulty injectors and it was back to smoothness!

That background rattle is direct injection fuel injectors - thats normal but amplified as the microphone is so close to the engine bay.

Hi Rayaans

Was your Engine Rattle continuous or just for about 15 seconds before it goes back to smoothness like mine ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, robpace said:

Hi Rayaans

Was your Engine Rattle continuous or just for about 15 seconds before it goes back to smoothness like mine ?

It was quite similiar to yours. I wouldnt feel it whilst driving, it was mainly on idle. They replaced an injector and I had no issues since

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/30/2022 at 6:06 PM, rayaans said:

It was quite similiar to yours. I wouldnt feel it whilst driving, it was mainly on idle. They replaced an injector and I had no issues since

What Lexus Dealer was it if you don't mind me asking.

Maybe i could get mine to give them a ring to point them in the right direction.

I emailed them yesterday to tell them we don't want the Car before the 30 Day Exchange date arrives, but would love to keep the Car if they could get the problem sorted out.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, robpace said:

What Lexus Dealer was it if you don't mind me asking.

Maybe i could get mine to give them a ring to point them in the right direction.

I emailed them yesterday to tell them we don't want the Car before the 30 Day Exchange date arrives, but would love to keep the Car if they could get the problem sorted out.

 

It was Lexus Bradford who did mine. They've since stopped trading and everything has been transferred to Lexus Stockport and Bolton

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership