Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1 hour ago, Mr Vlad said:

Eh up Graeme. Great news you've finally got an is250. Did you get the one in Poulton? What needs doing to it then? 

Aye I went for the one in Poulton. Seen the one in Bolton too but it was way overpriced for the body work and general condition.

Back callipers and discs will need done soon (maybe get a calliper refurb though).

clips for the back bumper as it’s loose, alloys could do with a refurb, paint will need touched up and the exhaust has had a patch job at some point so going to see what my options are.

After all that I’ll be wanting VLAND tail lights and an up to date entertainment system instead of the outdated CD player that’s there. 

Did you pay his/her asking price or knock some off? Looks like you know what needs to be done. There's been quite a lot on here re the rear brake calipers and there's loads on YouTube. I took my car to a trusted body shop I've used. My car had absolutely thousands of scratches. They spent a whole day to get rid of 95%, any more in those 5% places would go to the primer coat but the car looked superb after their work. Look up 'not bad for 13 year old paint ' thread. Keep us abreast with your progress. Maybe do some before and after pics.

5 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Did you pay his/her asking price or knock some off? Looks like you know what needs to be done. There's been quite a lot on here re the rear brake calipers and there's loads on YouTube. I took my car to a trusted body shop I've used. My car had absolutely thousands of scratches. They spent a whole day to get rid of 95%, any more in those 5% places would go to the primer coat but the car looked superb after their work. Look up 'not bad for 13 year old paint ' thread. Keep us abreast with your progress. Maybe do some before and after pics.

Took a few hundred off. Took a mechanic pal with me and he’s ridiculously thorough. 

I’ll get a quote for a touch up. It’s really just stone chips on the bonnet and a pin head size spot of surface rust on the front right. 

I’ll certainly have a look. Do you mind me asking for a rough figure of what they charged? 

I will do. When I start the process of buying parts and bits for it I’ll maybe start a thread. 

Find a bodyshop near you that's one, got a good reputation, two, got one of those cameras that takes loads of photos of the cars colour (over time colour changes slightly and getting colour matches is impossible) and sends the pics to a computer which then finds a colour match paint mix and a paint mix that matches the car perfectly can be made, three, got a drive in paint booth and oven to cure the paint. I got my paint correction done at a very good rate as a returning customer.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links